So good to be back!!

iainberryman

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

In September I decided enough was enough and I left my 930 behind and got a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+. After a few weeks in I was angry that I hadn't made the jump sooner. There were regular app updates, better quality apps, more apps (not that you need most of them) and the phone itself is a piece of art.

I watched the 950/XL get released and thought "What a load of crap, looks like mid range phone, so glad I have my Edge+". Then after Christmas it hit me. I miss Windows. I thought and thought about it and soon my Edge+ was on eBay. I sold it locally and went to look for a 930 again. I remembered my short time with the 1520 and thought to hell with it, I'm getting a 1520. So I found one, unlocked, in white for ?130!! Went to collect it, looks great, works amazingly on W10M - and THAT battery life!!

So here I am, back on Windows with a beautiful 6" screen, amazing camera, wondering why I ever left. Let me tell you first hand, yes, the apps are better in the way of updates but this app gap is BS!!! There are loads more apps but trust me, you don't need them (or I didn't any way). I installed game after game and still found myself using the same games I used on Windows (Crossy Road & Hungry Shark FTW!!). The only downside is that games don't have the new content that they do on iOS and Android but you can't blame MS for that. It is annoying that my wife has more characters on Crossy Road than I do and I'm not sure that update will come as it's a Christmas update and releasing it in Jan/Feb would be odd.

I think Microsoft need to take a good look at phones like the Edge+ because I still stand by my statement that the phone is a piece of art! If they could release something like that, WOW, but for now, I'm happy with my 1520 (better than the 950XL imo) but if they could release an Edge+ with W10... TAKE MY MONEY!!

Android has come a long way since I last used it (ICS) and it does run really well but it's biggest problem (for me) is that it isn't Windows.

It's great to have a long holiday in a fancy looking place (Galaxy S6 Edge+ / Android) but nothing beats coming home (Windows).

PS. TubeCast absolutely "urinates" on the official YouTube app on Android from a GREAT height!

Last edited:

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey, thanks for sharing your experience :) and yes 3rd party apps on windows (such as TubeCast, MyTube!) are wayyy better than official youtube app on android.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hello all,

In September I decided enough was enough and I left my 930 behind and got a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+. After a few weeks in I was angry that I hadn't made the jump sooner. There were regular app updates, better quality apps, more apps (not that you need most of them) and the phone itself is a piece of art.

I watched the 950/XL get released and thought "What a load of crap, looks like mid range phone, so glad I have my Edge+". Then after Christmas it hit me. I miss Windows. I thought and thought about it and soon my Edge+ was on eBay. I sold it locally and went to look for a 930 again. I remembered my short time with the 1520 and thought to hell with it, I'm getting a 1520. So I found one, unlocked, in white for ?130!! Went to collect it, looks great, works amazingly on W10M - and THAT battery life!!

So here I am, back on Windows with a beautiful 6" screen, amazing camera, wondering why I ever left. Let me tell you first hand, yes, the apps are better in the way of updates but this app gap is BS!!! There are loads more apps but trust me, you don't need them (or I didn't any way). I installed game after game and still found myself using the same games I used on Windows (Crossy Road & Hungry Shark FTW!!). The only downside is that games don't have the new content that they do on iOS and Android but you can't blame MS for that. It is annoying that my wife has more characters on Crossy Road than I do and I'm not sure that update will come as it's a Christmas update and releasing it in Jan/Feb would be odd.

I think Microsoft need to take a good look at phones like the Edge+ because I still stand by my statement that the phone is a piece of art! If they could release something like that, WOW, but for now, I'm happy with my 1520 (better than the 950XL imo) but if they could release an Edge+ with W10... TAKE MY MONEY!!

Android has come a long way since I last used it (ICS) and it does run really well but it's biggest problem (for me) is that it isn't Windows.

It's great to have a long holiday in a fancy looking place (Galaxy S6 Edge+ / Android) but nothing beats coming home (Windows).

PS. TubeCast absolutely "urinates" on the official YouTube app on Android from a GREAT height!

How about the idea about w10m on edge 6+, if MS decides to provide it?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey thanks for sharing that story :) Tbh as premium as the S6 looks I never really liked it. I have played with it, because my little brother has one, but still don't like it :D The software is great though, but I think he was still on Android L.. Never really understood the whole "edge" hype, which might be why I dismissed it hehe

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Good to hear, I now have one foot on iMore and in the iPhone camp and one here. IMO hardware is becoming a moot point as all 3 are pretty similar, choices I guess are app based, for me WP lacks the apps i need to make my life simpler and easier, hopefully (said that word soo many times regarding WP) the one store idea takes off and devs actually bother to take the step to make apps phone compatible. I am waiting for Surface Phone, guess I will get an iPhone 7 and a Surface Phone, whichever is best for me I will ditch the other. WB from the Andriod Dark side :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon