Hello. I'm glad to be here. If you're in a professional IT field lets network!

finalrelief

May 16, 2016
Visit site
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/robertkehl

Life Story -

I'm Rob. I'm a veteran of the US Air Force - Security Forces for 8 years. I then decided that being a security guard/cop was not something I wanted to do for the rest of my life so I started forming a plan to go into IT Security.

I got out of the military May 2014 - started going to ITT Tech for a networking associates which I received in November 2015, and am getting my bachelor's in cyber security currently. I also have enough credits for criminal justice associates except for a speech class but I am waiting for my bachelor's to be done before taking that speech class. I intend to get my masters in security at SANS or somewhere similar.

I started working in December 2014 at Thrivent Financial on a tier-1 helpdesk
I started working at Kohl's corporate in September 2015 on a tier-3 support/security projects consultant
I am currently working at Brookdale Senior Living Solutions as an IT Security Compliance Analyst of which I started in March 2016.

Windows Story -
I'm a huge windows fan since they've started innovating again (I first noticed around the first Surface 1 model which wasn't very good but it was a newer concept)

I have a Lumia Icon and plan to get either the HP Elite x3 or the Surface Phone if/when that is released. I also have a Surface Pro 4 that I use as a school laptop/tablet.

I also like android. I started on iOS for these types of devices but that got old.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Glad to have you here, Rob. How do you like being an IT Security Compliance Analyst? Does that involve compliance with an ISO standard of some sort? Or is it more of a government regulation compliance sort of standard?

I'm an Icon user and Surface user myself. Looking forward to geeking out with you over our Microsoft stuff!

finalrelief

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Glad to have you here, Rob. How do you like being an IT Security Compliance Analyst? Does that involve compliance with an ISO standard of some sort? Or is it more of a government regulation compliance sort of standard?

I'm an Icon user and Surface user myself. Looking forward to geeking out with you over our Microsoft stuff!

We're using multiple frameworks like and maybe ISO standards but I cannot say which on here. I also create my own techinical checks/standards. I work with SQL a bit.

I administrate a program called Symantec Control Compliance Suite, and create policies/standards, facilitate for internal audit the collection of evidence for compliance controls. So I work with virtually every field in IT.

The short answer is I help make sure people are doing what they're supposed to be doing and everything's legit. There are multiple projects i'm working on and so far so good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05