G'day from Australia

jerreldulay

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
G'day all,
from Sydney Australia here. Have been a fan of Windows Phones for years. As a developer, I use a Windows Phone as my main phone and an Android phone as a secondary business line. Surely I can't be the only one that thinks the Windows Phones are just so much more visually appealing and coherent than Android's sloppy, multi-page mess. Ideally, I'd love a 950 XL but I'll live with the Lumia 550 I have now until I get the chance to upgrade and supersize.

Lookin' forward to joining the forum!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Central! Glad to have you here!

Surely I can't be the only one that thinks the Windows Phones are just so much more visually appealing and coherent than Android's sloppy, multi-page mess. Ideally,

I definitely agree with you. There are a lot of functional reasons I choose to stick with Windows Mobile. But the visual appeal of the lock screen / start screen is a lot of it.

What kind of stuff do you develop? Look forward to geeking out with you here!

jerreldulay

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
Geek out... commence! My team and I develop games and are in the final stages of publishing a robust fighting game based on animals for Windows 10 mobile. It should be out next week. We are also working on an AR-based ghost hunting game. You gotta explore your house (or your friend's house if you don't want to creep yourself out in your own home) and find ghosts. SpooooOOOooooky!

I use a Lumia 550, upgraded from a 635. Personally, I want and need more Window Phone tech! Hahaha. What kind of gear are you using?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Geek out... commence! My team and I develop games and are in the final stages of publishing a robust fighting game based on animals for Windows 10 mobile. It should be out next week. We are also working on an AR-based ghost hunting game. You gotta explore your house (or your friend's house if you don't want to creep yourself out in your own home) and find ghosts. SpooooOOOooooky!

I use a Lumia 550, upgraded from a 635. Personally, I want and need more Window Phone tech! Hahaha. What kind of gear are you using?

Wow, nice! I look forward to checking out your work! You should take a look at Developers Corner - Windows Central Forums I think you might fit in well!

I'm rocking a Lumia Icon running the latest insider fast ring build (10.0.14393.0). I've always loved my Icon, and Windows 10 Mobile makes it even more lovable. I also have a Surface Pro 3 which i use as my primary work and personal device.

How about you, any laptop or PC in the mix?

jerreldulay

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
Wow, nice! I look forward to checking out your work! You should take a look at Developers Corner - Windows Central Forums I think you might fit in well!

I'm rocking a Lumia Icon running the latest insider fast ring build (10.0.14393.0). I've always loved my Icon, and Windows 10 Mobile makes it even more lovable. I also have a Surface Pro 3 which i use as my primary work and personal device.

How about you, any laptop or PC in the mix?

Thank you! I had to look up the Icon. That looks SWEET. And surface pro 3? That's some sweet tech. I have an Asus T100, which I got literally the month before 10 launched, so I happily upgraded from Windows 8 immediately. I couldn't be happier with this thing, plus I scored it for about $350AUD, which is pretty much stealing. I got it about the same time as the Lumia 635, and the phone and tablet just looked so dang sleek together. Tiles, tiles, everywhere, and they look just right. I definitely want to grab a surface pro at some point.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Windows Central. Those sound like fun games. Good luck with them.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! I had to look up the Icon. That looks SWEET. And surface pro 3? That's some sweet tech. I have an Asus T100, which I got literally the month before 10 launched, so I happily upgraded from Windows 8 immediately. I couldn't be happier with this thing, plus I scored it for about $350AUD, which is pretty much stealing. I got it about the same time as the Lumia 635, and the phone and tablet just looked so dang sleek together. Tiles, tiles, everywhere, and they look just right. I definitely want to grab a surface pro at some point.

Nice! How are you liking the Lumia 550 as opposed to the Lumia 635? Maybe you'll have to get a Surface Phone (if there is such a thing?) once that pops up! Then you can have your high end phone AND a Surface.

We have our game, Animelee, in the App spotlight section.

I'll have to check it out!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome aboard... Hope you are finding everything. Here's a quick run down for devs:

Welcome... We love to see new Devs.

Here are the Developer Rules: App and Developer Forum Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

You need 10 quality posts to get linking privileges. Remember, one thread for each App is allowed. Kindly place it in App Spotlight: App Spotlight - Windows Central Forums

If you have a new App coming out and need Beta Testers, we can help... Developers Beta Testing - Windows Central Forums Just be sure to read the rules about Betas so you will fit in and find testers. This can be a great way to not only promote an upcoming App, but also get great feedback to polish it before release.

Also check out our Developer Program: http://forums.windowscentral.com/de...indowscentral-developer-program-new-post.html

IMHO those budget Lumia devices are like crack. They get you hooked and fast. I got suckered in introduced to Windows Phone with a Lumia 521 and never looked back. I figured if the budget models were that good, the high end stuff must be great. I'm sitting on a 1520 ATM (because I didn't settle for the 930/Icon like some people {*cough, cough, Indistinguishable, cough*}), but I still like to dabble with the lower end devices as well. I have a 640 I just can't seem to put down...

jerreldulay

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
Welcome aboard... Hope you are finding everything. Here's a quick run down for devs:

IMHO those budget Lumia devices are like crack. They get you hooked and fast. I got suckered in introduced to Windows Phone with a Lumia 521 and never looked back. I figured if the budget models were that good, the high end stuff must be great. I'm sitting on a 1520 ATM (because I didn't settle for the 930/Icon like some people {*cough, cough, Indistinguishable, cough*}), but I still like to dabble with the lower end devices as well. I have a 640 I just can't seem to put down...

Thank you! I've had other budget Windows phones. I wasn't happy at all with my HTC 8, which came packaged with 8, as the OS was still flawed in areas that really mattered and the low on-board storage space made it physically impossible to update. I could see the potential there to be a great platform. But Windows 10 mobile is just right.

Unfortunately, I need to source a lot of devices since we develop more iOS and Android as well, so I don't always get to pick up the best of the best, so here's hoping Animelee does well on Windows Phone so I can justify to my dev team splashing some cash on a higher end device.

jerreldulay

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
Nice! How are you liking the Lumia 550 as opposed to the Lumia 635? Maybe you'll have to get a Surface Phone (if there is such a thing?) once that pops up! Then you can have your high end phone AND a Surface.

The increase in RAM and screen resolution are most welcome. The 550 feels a little sluggish sometimes while navigating menus in settings, but it holds apps in memory well so I can't complain. If a Surface Phone launched and had stylus support, I would be all over that.

jerreldulay

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site

I also wanted to say the thing that instantly impressed me about the 550, which caught me within minutes of opening the box, is the impressive viewing angle of the screen. It has more consistent color cast than my high end Android screens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes