Time to introduce myself

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I'm holdum333. I'm very old (78) Some times I'm a little senile. I'm often misunderstood on help forums. Most of the time; it's my fault, but IMHO not always.
I live in a retirement village where I help seniors with their printers and PCs for free. I join forums like this one to learn new things and pass forward things I have learned from others. I'm new to this forum and I have been trying to help on W10, and Ask a Question. I think I can help there and hopefully make a difference there. I'm just a old country boy that loves people and most of the time they love me back. If I get out of line, a PM from staff would be appreciated. This is a huge forum and I'm sure I can find plenty to keep me busy. There is a lot of good stuff going on here and I hope I can be a small part of it. If you have any advise for me, please post it here. I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot here and hopefully I can help others a little. I know W10 pretty well. It's new and I'm still learning. I'm thinking it will be the best OS that MS has ever built. There are some bugs, but I'm thinking they will get fixed.
Thank you!
holdum333!
PS Please create a back up image of your OS with a 3rd party image program. You will be glad you created a back up image one day. It's the best thing you can ever do for yourself. It's so easy to do. There is no reason that you shouldn't do it right now! It can make you fearless :wink:

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi and welcome to windows central :). We respect your effort on helping out other fellow seniors with their troubles regarding windows 10 . Your contribution is massive for the community. You will find lot of useful articles here on windows central to keep you to date . You can also participate to help a guest in solving their issue and share with us if you counter any :).

Good luck :)

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I'm still looking around the forum! This is a huge forum. There's plenty to keep me busy. Please let me know in a PM if you have any advice about my posting. I do get very windy and friendly some times. I like to attach links to HTG for helping with issues. Also links from Shawn Brink at Windows 10 forum. Is there any rules about attaching links like that? It seems I can always find someone that explains things better then I can, and I'm a little lazy. I've been a big fan of both for several years.
Thanks !

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi ! before the staff thinks that I'm here to cause problems; please rethink! I'm here to learn and pass forward things I have learned from other help forums like Windows Central . I have 100+ posts here on the forum and I'm hoping I have helped this forum in some small way to grow and to help other PC users. That's my hobby. I hope to keep doing what I have been doing here, and hope I'm making a difference on Windows Central! If you have advise how I can do better , please let me know.
Thank you!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Howdy there Holdum...
Windows Central will always appreciate helpful users such as yourself.
You're fine and need not worry about your replies.
I think we have another member who is an asset on board...so welcome to here!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey Holdum :) Glad to see you decided to do an intro! A belated 'welcome', I guess :D

You've been awesome so far!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hey Holdum :) Glad to see you decided to do an intro! A belated 'welcome', I guess :D

You've been awesome so far!
Hi Well you and @Guytronic just made this old mans day. I've been looking for a help forum where I can learn new things and maybe pass forward things I have learned from others. I'm a newbie to the computer world. I started in 2004 at the age of 66. My grand daughter got me started playing on line Texas Hold Um. I was recovering from stage 4 colon cancer, which killed my father when he was 40. I was doing 6 months of chemo and it was pretty rough. The computer helped keep my mind off of chemo. I got involved on a help forum, learning about computers and playing Texas hold Um. If you do the math, you will figure out I'm now 78. I have my good and my bad days. The chemo and cigarettes did a number on my lungs, so now I have COPD. Not much I can do, but I enjoy my computer. I live in a retirement village and help seniors with their printers and PCs for free. I never charge. My wife and I have been blessed financially and we live well here in this retirement village. Thanks ven07 and Guytronic for making my whole week!:wink: Here's where I live. Take the tour. Some of the residents in this video are no longer with us, and have went on to better places. Two lakes with some great black bass fishing! See you around on the forum. You all are great help here on the forum and are very much appreciated. I'm quite windy and very friendly and I;m really enjoying being here!:cry: ing, because you made my day!
About Us
Gary!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Update sense joining this forum! (I joined October 2.) I now have 180 posts. I have been surfing the forum and I'm amazed at the wealth of knowledge there is here.
You can spend days here searching and learning new things, and helping others if you chose to do so. There is so much knowledge here. I'm having a ball.
Thanks to the founders and the staff here on Windows Central for a great help forum. I hope I'm making a little difference here. Learning and passing forward is my hobby. Is there a list of the staff any where?? I imagine it is huge. Any way thanks to each one of you for a great forum. Cheers!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 39

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Holdum333! Welcome, mate!

Glad to have you here. Can I assume from the image that you're a beer fan? If so, what are your favorite beers?
Hi I prefer Budweiser with tomato juice and a little Tabasco. I only drink when I'm by myself or with my friends!:wink:

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 2

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi new friends! I really appreciate all your likes and your warm welcome here on the forum!:wink: No it doesn't taste like a Bloody Mary; however it can be very habit forming, so try at your own risk!:cool: Vodka makes me crazy and that's the sickest I ever got drinking Bloody Marys !
See you all on the forum! I'm really enjoying myself here!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 22

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Up here in Canada we have a similar drink, but we mix 1/2 beer and 1/2 Clamato (kind of like Tomato juice). It's really good, kind of like tomato juice with a little bit of a fizz... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs