Hello everyone

TheDarkSide1

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Hey Windows Central Community!

I'm new to the whole Windows Phone ecosystem but I've been hearing that it's dying out or is "dead" ... I wanted to try one for myself... Any recommendations? I've only been an Android user, not a fan of Apple at all. Lol. I guess you can call me a gambler. Hehe

Anyways, I'm Tyler and I've been here at WC for a few months now but haven't got a chance to stick around for too long, as I'm always busy! I've been somewhere around the PC and Gaming sections of the forums.

I'm a PC game developer... Or soon to be when we release a title . I work with a fellow member of the forums @Josiah23 and a few others that haven't signed up to the forums (yet).

Anyways, thanks for checkout out my introduction post, and I'm hoping to see some of you guys in the forums.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to the dark side TheDarkSide1 :winktongue:! Hope you like it around here and I wish you a successful release of your game!

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
@TheDarkSide1
Try uploading one from a desktop PC if your phone isn't letting you because I can't see it either.

I remember seeing it a few months ago since it's the same as my PC wallpaper.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Ooh welcome to Windows Central @TheDarkSide1 !

Very cool that you know @Josiah23 , that should help you out a bit since he's pretty cool. I would say if you can score a 650 or even an Alcatel Idol 4s, those would be nice phones to start with.

Please feel free to explore more forums!

TheDarkSide1

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks @Guytronic
I had it for a while but just noticed that it hasn't been showing up for some reason.
Ooh welcome to Windows Central @TheDarkSide1 !

Very cool that you know @Josiah23 , that should help you out a bit since he's pretty cool. I would say if you can score a 650 or even an Alcatel Idol 4s, those would be nice phones to start with.

Please feel free to explore more forums!
Both phones looks great! The Alcatel Idol 4S quickly caught my attention! I wasn't even aware that there was an Android version of the phone as well.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome... We love to see new Devs.

Here are the Developer Rules: App and Developer Forum Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

You need 10 quality posts to get linking privileges. Remember, one thread for each App is allowed. Kindly place it in App Spotlight: App Spotlight - Windows Central Forums

If you have a new App coming out and need Beta Testers, we can help... Developers Beta Testing - Windows Central Forums Just be sure to read the rules about Betas so you will fit in and find testers. This can be a great way to not only promote an upcoming App, but also get great feedback to polish it before release.

Also check out our Developer Program: http://forums.windowscentral.com/de...indowscentral-developer-program-new-post.html

TheDarkSide1

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Welcome... We love to see new Devs.

Here are the Developer Rules: App and Developer Forum Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

You need 10 quality posts to get linking privileges. Remember, one thread for each App is allowed. Kindly place it in App Spotlight: App Spotlight - Windows Central Forums

If you have a new App coming out and need Beta Testers, we can help... Developers Beta Testing - Windows Central Forums Just be sure to read the rules about Betas so you will fit in and find testers. This can be a great way to not only promote an upcoming App, but also get great feedback to polish it before release.

Also check out our Developer Program: http://forums.windowscentral.com/de...indowscentral-developer-program-new-post.html
I'll be sure to check those out! Thank you!

PS: The first link provided doesn't seem to work as it gives some sort of error. I think I'll be able to find it scattering through the forums :)

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the community!

I would suggest to go with the last of the Lumias (950/XL) since they're still being supported, and can be found for cheap nowadays from what I'm reading around here, or maybe an Alcatel Idol 4S. I personally wouldn't recommend getting a 650 unless you're very tight on budget, since the price/performance ratio of the former are wayyyy better if you could find a good deal (last I heard was about $200 for the 950).

Anyway, I'm interested to hear that you're developing a game. Is it for the Windows Store? Will it be made available for W10M as well? If that is so, do share with me and the community when you finally release your game. Also, good luck with your project! :D

TheDarkSide1

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
@Ariel Takom

The 950XL looks promising! It's close between the Idol 4S and 950XL, as they both look like great phones! :)

Yes sir, me, @Josiah23 and a few others were developing one a while back and we finally started back up a few months ago.

We were somewhat close to releasing an open beta to get some feedback and reported bugs... Then everything we had (including back ups) got destroyed and erased so we've been starting from scratch the past few weeks... It was a nightmare but things happen and we are happy to be back at it. :)

The game will definitely be available through Steam for PC and the Windows Store as well.
It will most likely not be available for W10M... At least not quite yet. We'll see as we get further into development. :)
Hopefully we can have sometime in the upcoming future for every platform.

We are working part time on the project in a very small team, so at the moment we don't have a specific date or month when the game will release, but when we get around that time we'll let everyone in the Developer section of the forums know.

I'm trying to find a new laptop that can handle some intensive workloads when on the road, overseas, or just out of town.

@Guytronic pointed out a few which looks like it can do the job. :)

Any ways, thank you for the interest in the project and we will definitely let you guys know when we get close to our release date.

- "T"

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Yup, what @TheDarkSide1 said

We will definitely try to release something in the future for our beloved W10M platform as well for iOS and Android! but for now, desktop PCs are out main focus, we could definitely try though.

The game we are currently working on is more so meant for a desktop PC (Windows and Mac) but it "should" be possible to port it to a mobile game.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss