Hello!! ThinkPad 10 owners!!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe the higher-end lineups like the ThinkPad line was spared the Superfish stuff to begin with.
But thanks!

Wildo6882

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Lenovo has a really great sale on the ThinkPad 10 right now. Looking like $520 before tax for the 4gb/128gb model with the keyboard. I've got a Surface 3 on pre-order right now (4gb/128gb model, there too). That ran me around $710 after tax with teacher discount.

Would anyone with the ThinkPad 10 recommend going with it for the lower price over the Surface 3? The S3 does also come with one year of Office, which the ThinkPad 10 does not. I can't decide which one to go with, and the sale ends on the 29th.

vinscg

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I didnt try the surface... But i find there is a couple of bugs on the thinkpad annoying things like keyboard doesn't show up... When needed and the optionnal hardware keyboard is total crap .id go with the surface

Wildo6882

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I didnt try the surface... But i find there is a couple of bugs on the thinkpad annoying things like keyboard doesn't show up... When needed and the optionnal hardware keyboard is total crap .id go with the surface
Thanks for the input. I pretty much nixed the idea of the Thinkpad. Now I'm trying to decide if I'd like either the Asus Chi T100 ($404 before taxes), Asus Chi T300 ($599 before taxes), or the S3. I'm really looking for a browsing, multimedia device, with some workhorse capabilities here and there.

crazyhairboy

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
anybody got w10 on their ThinkPad10 ?

I installed on the 1st day. Have been using it since.
Runs good. Couple minor bugs like restarting didn't fully restart. Couple apps just spun until restart and reinstall.
I don't overly like tablet mode as it restricts my multitasking, but the onscreen keyboard never pops up. I guess I'd rather manually pull it up than pop up when I dont need it.
Other than that I like it.

vinscg

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
i just finished installing all drivers and w10 and... im not going back to w8.i enjoy the multi-tasking 'snap' , i liked the charms bar in 8 but they where annoying sometimes. the keyboard is easy to pop- up when he doesn't show up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon