Need to increase my laptop SD card to capacity?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Need to increase my laptop SD card capacity?

my lenovo s21e laptop sd slot card will max out at 64gb, i need to it to read/write 256gb. Computer shows 256gb card capacity, but it will not read/write over 64gb. How do i increase capacity. Win 8.1 os

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Need to increase my laptop SD card capacity?

1. Is this microSD? Because if it is, nobody makes a 256 GB microSD card and its a scam.

2. I'm not sure you can just make the capacity read higher if it is indeed a computer limitation.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Beware of fake microSD cards! Here's how to tell a counterfeit from the original

Мany of today's counterfeit microSD cards have much less actual storage than advertised. For example, a card may have as little as 8GB of actual storage space, but the label on it may read 64GB. The worse part is that your device may also “see” it as a 64GB card – firmware hacks are a common practice and allow this to happen. In fact, your device can and will try to write data to the gigs that don't exist. This will either overwrite existing data or result in an error. In either case, your data may get corrupted irreversibly.

bre_marie4834

Feb 19, 2018
Visit site

1. Is this microSD? Because if it is, nobody makes a 256 GB microSD card and its a scam.

2. I'm not sure you can just make the capacity read higher if it is indeed a computer limitation.

Um...they don't make them? Considering I have a 256gb memory card in my phone and my husband has a 512gb memory card in his phone, yes indeed they do make them. They make up to a 2tb memory card for phones now...:grin:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Um...they don't make them? Considering I have a 256gb memory card in my phone and my husband has a 512gb memory card in his phone, yes indeed they do make them. They make up to a 2tb memory card for phones now...:grin:

Well, I wrote that post just shy of two years ago! It's hardly surprising technology can advance in that time.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site

no offence I would luv to see a pic of said 512gb "MICRO SD" card, as a 512gb card fetches for a cool $1000 dollars, ALSO they DO NOT make 2TB cards. phones are capable of using upto 2TB cards but none exist ATM! that's not the same as making them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12