I screwed up...kind of...

Troy Mast

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. My Lancet received an update which I did not actually start. I belong to the Windows Phone 10 Inside Track and due to a bug in the Inside Track App, my phone received the lasted and greatest beta WP10 build.
It killed my phone. Now it just boots repeatedly over and over. I realize ultimately it is my fault. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be most grateful.
LG says sorry...no firmware available. Woe is me at the moment.
Waiting for an answer. I received an email from Microsoft, stating they are working on a solution...at least that seems to be good news.

Thanks in advance for any help or meaningful suggestions.

Troy

Last edited:

bigeduck

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
That's .... going to be interesting, as the windows phone recovery tool only works for Lumia's and I'm pretty sure the only other supported device is the HTC. I got a feeling you're device is bricked and there isn't much they can do because I doubt they have an update for the lancet to being with. It's never been mentioned as a device compatible with the preview program. You might be able to play dumb with VzW support and get a replacement device, since it won't even boot, but otherwise, I think you're boned. Do keep us informed though, I imagine there are at least a few others like you, (I really should have been one of them but I had just happened to reset my device and not installed windows preview just before they released the last build) so hopefully there's a legitimate fix.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. My Lancet received an update which I did not actually start. I belong to the Windows Phone 10 Inside Track and due to a bug in the Inside Track App, my phone received the lasted and greatest beta WP10 build.
It killed my phone. Now it just boots repeatedly over and over. I realize ultimately it is my fault. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be most grateful.
LG says sorry...no firmware available. Woe is me at the moment.
Waiting for an answer. I received an email from Microsoft, stating they are working on a solution...at least that seems to be good news.

Thanks in advance for any help or meaningful suggestions.

Troy

Ensure that the device is powered off.
Press and hold the Volume down button (located on the right-edge of the device; above the power button) until instructed to release in step 4.
Press and hold the Power button until the device vibrates (approximately 2 seconds) then release.
When the restore screen appears (exclamation mark), release the Volume down button.
From the restore screen, press then release the following buttons to initiate the reset process:
Volume up button
Volume down button
Power button
Volume down button
Note Allow several minutes for the process to complete (rotating gears appear on the display to indicate that the reset is in process).
Note To setup the device after the reset has completed, refer to Initial Activation and Setup.

Straight from verizons website. Most devices have a hardware reset. You just need to google it.

Troy Mast

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Did that poopyfinger. Same thing. Always reboots over and over. Thanks for the reply though!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Did that poopyfinger. Same thing. Always reboots over and over. Thanks for the reply though!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Sorry friend, but for now you're going to have to hold off until MS finds a solution. I checked Gabe Aul's twit feed yesterday and he did say that they have a team on it. The good news, well maybe not "good", is that we're nearing end of the month and the oct.6 event is coming up. Hopefully we see a new build before that and some good news for you

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Sorry friend, but for now you're going to have to hold off until MS finds a solution. I checked Gabe Aul's twit feed yesterday and he did say that they have a team on it. The good news, well maybe not "good", is that we're nearing end of the month and the oct.6 event is coming up. Hopefully we see a new build before that and some good news for you

I don't think it'll be a new build that saves these devices.. since it won't even boot up :p It'll be them adding support for the devices in the Windows Phone Recovery Tool I think.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't think it'll be a new build that saves these devices.. since it won't even boot up :p It'll be them adding support for the devices in the Windows Phone Recovery Tool I think.

Yea I know :p which is why I said "and some..." but in retrospect, I should've probably worded that differently heheh

Cjesch

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I just found this! I'm trying to reflash my Lancet, but the WDRT won't recognize my phone, so I go through the steps to get it into "Flash Mode," but it just sits there. I've waited about an hour and there's no change. Did you have this happen as well?

bigeduck

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I did have to use flash mode, but it came up right away. You might need to either check for updates (as that's what the program use to do before the last update recognized the Lancet) or check to see if you have a bad usb cable, that's happened to me before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)