Windows 10 Preview update prompt .... that actaully worked?

bigeduck

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
So now that the phone is actually supported by the Windows Recovery Tool, I decided to reinstall the Windows Insider App on the off chance that they might, eventually, add the Lancet. So I got the pop-up this morning and figured, what the hell, at least if I brick it I have a way to fix it this time.

But apparently it was actually suppose to be pushed this time.
http://pocketnow.com/2015/12/07/windows-10-mobile-insider-preview-build-more-support
"Both veteran and rookie Technical Previewers can test drive these maintenance fixes in the fast ring before they?re deployed to the general public, and the biggest news is the Insider Program now features the LG Lancet, Microsoft Lumia 550, Lumia 950, and 950 XL also."

It froze for a long time on the last part "migrating data", I was playing with my phone and accidentally did a battery pull ( dropped it) and started back up in Windows 10 like nothing happened. So far so good, seems really nice.

bigeduck

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Notes so far for the day.
1) Open up your messages, it will prompt you to walk through the new skype integration, you don't have to accept it, but if you don't do it, even though it will receive and store your messages, it won't notify you that you have any text messages until you do.
2) Has the new version of Outlook, which if you've used it on android or iOS, is very nice.
3) Seems to be a lot more stable, the last time I used it was on a 635 when it first came out. So far for today, no crashes other than having to relaunch audible because the sound wasn't working, but that could have been my Bluetooth acting up.

I wouldn't normally put this on my daily driver but I was half awake when I accepted it this morning, and so far, it seems stable enough to use every day, well, at least for the last 8 hours or so.

Troy Mast

May 25, 2014
Visit site
OK, installed Windows 10 Mobile. All seems to work great so far. I find it smoother on the Lancet than 8.1... I like what they did with the transparency of the tiles... time to explore and put it through it's paces.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss