06-16-2011, 05:17 PM #1
- 1 Posts
Just received a replacement handset from work - used to use an HTC HD2 which I didn't get on with at all due to signal issues and the fact I was unable to type using the touch screen keyboard. I put it down to the fact my personal mobile is an iPhone 4 so thought maybe I was just too used to the iPhone..
Anyways, the Optimus is great. Win mobile 7 is a real improvement. It's taking some getting used to but first impressions are that I'm impressed. The typing issue I had with the HTC is gone - finding the Optimus keyboard just as easy to use as the iPhone. And signal is stable and just great - on Vodafone as I was with the HTC but the HTC just kept dropping.
I have a couple of questions:
1. Do I need to update the firmware? Windows has completed a load of updates and I downloaded a support tool from the LG website but the LG-E900 is not listed in their drop down so no idea where to go now..
2. I've registered my hotmail account since it's associated with my Windows Live and XBOX gamertag. I will have to setup corporate email tomorrow, is it possible to run both Exchange and Hotmail?
3. What apps do you guys recommend? I use Evernote on the iPhone which is great..
Many thanks, Rob.
- 07-18-2011, 12:15 PM #2
hey , welcomme to wp7!!
1. to do updates , Download the Programe ZUNE on your PC , conect your phone to your PC run ZUNE and cehk out if any updates are available.
2. you can have more then 1 e-mail: in the settings go - system - Email & accounts , and simply add it.
3. Evernote is still nice on wp7, wpcentral app , where`s my timmy ( if ur in canada ;) ) LAZY tube app ( a you tube aplication VERY NCIE ) Noborizaka ( its a task manager with a twist , every time you do a task you get exp and can lvl your self up like a RPG game , LOL . its kinda fun ) , Boards Express Pro.
games: ilimilo , the harvest , Arcane`s towers defense , ect...
hope this helps, feel free to tank me if it does ;)
- 07-18-2011, 05:35 PM #3
The last security update, includes nodo and all that hot stuff.
about apps, there's a lot of good ones. Engadget, Accuweather, TheWord, IGN, Giantbomb, Facebook, foodspotting,, IMDb, Flixter, Yelp,LG QR reader, LG's Tool Box, LG's weather and clock, Zodiac Match.
07-19-2011, 01:36 AM #5
- 346 Posts
Netflix, flixster, weather channel app, slacker, dictionary.com, yelp, a to b, imbd, shazam and shop savvy all free btw
To many games to mention a good amount of great quality free ones too and most are Free for the first few days of release so if you keep up with the new ones in the market place you can get em for free