Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Anyone get this yet on their phone?

Or has anyone tried to force it using this method?

Windows Phone 7 build 7.10.8107.79 roll out started get it now and update manually | MobileTechWorld

I'm tempted to but will wait for someone else with an Optimus 7 to try it first.

Since my carrier skipped 7740 I hope we get this officially soon.

About doing it manually, I downloaded the tools but never got around to do it, since you need to be very careful pushing those updates along the language packs your phone has.

Quote Originally Posted by X7or360 View Post
    Since my carrier skipped 7740 I hope we get this officially soon.

About doing it manually, I downloaded the tools but never got around to do it, since you need to be very careful pushing those updates along the language packs your phone has.
    My girlfriend's Optimus 7 updated today

Quote Originally Posted by dragonide View Post
    My girlfriend's Optimus 7 updated today
    What carrier is she on?

I updated using the disconnect trick. I'm using an unlocked Vodafone Germany Optimus 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Seketh View Post
    I updated using the disconnect trick. I'm using an unlocked Vodafone Germany Optimus 7.
    Were you on 7732 or 7740 prior to updating?

Because if I try the disconnect trick I get no updates, however, if I debrand the phone I only get a notification for 7740

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I'll rather wait. The Disappearing Keyboard doesn't bother me that much.

Yeah, it's not a big problem for me either, I'd just love to have the latest and greatest update
    The keyboard issue is a pain sometimes, but I'll wait for the carrier to release the update. Perhaps my contract will be up when the Nokia 800 is brought out here.
    Winterfang likes this.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Exactly, it's not the same situation like when Mango came out. I stay out late forcing the update :D.

Global Posts
    1,633 Global Posts
    That article links to .cab files. I wonder if there's an easy way for me to find the original 7720 for HTC Arrive.
    My apps are on JMTK Application Development
    [Guide] How to completely switch from Gmail to Outlook.com
    Nextel phones > Sanyo Katana Eclipse X > Palm Pre > HTC Arrive > HTC Trophy

I'm with Telus in Ontario Canada and my OS version is 7720

So there is a 7732 and a 7740 out already plus the newest 8107

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I'm on Claro Puerto Rico and getting my update :D.

TELUS in BC, Canada has made the 8107 update available for both the HTC Surround and the LG Optimus 7 ....

Windows Phone 7 software updates*|* Software Updates*|* Phones & Devices*|* Support*|* TELUS Mobility
    Winterfang likes this.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    the Optimus 7 is such a good device. I wonder why LG is shying away of that design and focusing of copying Samsung.

Still no update here from Telus in Ontario.

CoopII

Finally got the update last night. First it applied the 7740 update then the 8107.

CoopII
    Yeah, I got both the 7740 & 8107 yesterday for my LG Optimus 7. Why did Telus do that? Just sit on an update and them release 2 in the same day.

I guess Microsoft policy for support reasons say that companies can hold back one update if they want. Telus picked 7740 to hold back for some reason. I am not at all impressed with Telus or new offering of phones from them as well as 3g service in my area. I have a feeling at contract end I am moving to Rogers and a Nokia 900. Too bad been with Telus for a long time.

CoopII
    ingkabuto likes this.

I'm succesfully update my lg ,manual update to 8107 and seems to work fine. No problems... For now !!!:)

I just updated by setting the MobileOperator key located in HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\ to 000-88 instead of my carrier.

Zune installed 7740 first and then 8107.

Quote Originally Posted by X7or360 View Post
    Yeah, it's not a big problem for me either, I'd just love to have the latest and greatest update
    I forced updated the 7720 using network disconnect method, now waiting for next update which I suspect will never come to the E900 on Telcel since the phone is no longer available on Telecel. I wonder if the force update to 7720 prevents future upgrades from the carrier? Everything however working fine so really no need for the upgrades right now, but like you I would like to have the latest :)

Quote Originally Posted by Cabowp View Post
    I forced updated the 7720 using network disconnect method, now waiting for next update which I suspect will never come to the E900 on Telcel since the phone is no longer available on Telecel. I wonder if the force update to 7720 prevents future upgrades from the carrier? Everything however working fine so really no need for the upgrades right now, but like you I would like to have the latest :)
    I updated to 7720 the same way you did and there was no problem in doing so. It was just a matter of jumping ahead in line to get it instead of waiting for it.

Kind of what I did on my previous post, I changed a registry setting to make my phone search for updates directly instead of through telcel.

That being said I think telcel is going to wait until version 8773 and release that update, since it is sort of a "big" update and not just a bug fix.

Hope you are right about Telcel in Mex. They are supposed to be releasing the Nokia Lumina line shortly and hopefully that will encourage them to get their releases out sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabowp View Post
    Hope you are right about Telcel in Mex. They are supposed to be releasing the Nokia Lumina line shortly and hopefully that will encourage them to get their releases out sooner rather than later.
    My thoughts exactly
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast