Has anyone recieved the Tango update from TELUS yet?

Can94

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I force updated my phone a few days ago, got impatient. I am wondering what firmware you have after you get the update is it still 1.0.9.10? or is it a newer firmware?

GregLumia800

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Internet sharing on Lumia 800

Hi I'm in Canada on Telus, I just updated my phone to Tango 8773 and it also included a Nokia update that brought internet sharing!

WRider

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
On Telus and waiting as well. Tried to force but says no update available.

Sent from my LG-E900h using Board Express

CoopII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got my update notice this morning. I am Telus in Ontario.

I have to ask what does this update offer? I am already at 8107.79 and firmware 1.0.9.10.

I have honestly not been following the phone much. Kind of lost interest once I read no WP8 update for me and me being stuck with phone for another year and half on my contract.

CoopII

jdowsett

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I just got my update notice this morning. I am Telus in Ontario.

I have to ask what does this update offer? I am already at 8107.79 and firmware 1.0.9.10.

I have honestly not been following the phone much. Kind of lost interest once I read no WP8 update for me and me being stuck with phone for another year and half on my contract.

CoopII
The phones not terrible - just not that flashy. The only crappy part is no internet sharing. They will send a 7.8 upgrade out for it.

CoopII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The phones not terrible - just not that flashy. The only crappy part is no internet sharing. They will send a 7.8 upgrade out for it.
Took the two updates last night. 8112 and 8773. Firmware is the same 1.0.9.10 so no update there. Don't see any changes so far in my limited use.

Oh well phone works and does everything I want it to do guess i'll go back to waiting for the Surface Tablet to come out. I really wish there was more information out there on the surface however.

CoopII

Achilles Heal

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
LG Optimus 7 Update Notice for Telus on July 17

I received a Tango update notice for the Telus LG Optimus 7 on July 17. Haven't applied it yet since the phone was going on a out-of-town trip within hours and I didn't want to take a chance of a last-minute problem arising and the phone not being usable at all.

I won't have access to Zune for a couple of weeks to go back and apply the update, so I won't know exactly what OS and platform updates are going to be applied - but they are available.

One interesting side-note. In the days prior to the update notice, I had gone around the horn with Telus, LG, and Zune (Microsoft) trying to determine how much longer the wait would be to get the Tango update on this phone since it had been declared available back on June 20th. I finally had someone I was talking to in Telus that seemed to be well-connected with knowing the Tango release availability for this phone. Within a day of this person explaining that the update was on a many-week rollout, but also saying that it should now be available for my phone, I suddenly received the notice that the LG Optimus 7 had an update available. Coincidence? Squeaky wheel result? Conspiracy theory? :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077