Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

seems lg no longer cares about customer service what so ever.... sorry to my fellow optimus users... LG will not be releasing Windows Phone 7.8 for the LG E900 Optimus 7 | WMPoweruser

I read that this morning. Its a real shame that Microsoft and the Telcos are all willing to support 7.8, but LG aren't.

its also a real shame that lg blamed microsoft for how bad lg is at making phones...

Not surprised in the least really. Its a shame. Guess little choice but to move up. Staying well away from companies with no WP paths in their future.

I'd rather wait for an official comment by LG, a support message is not a valid source for such a dramatical turn.

If they would have shown any interest in supporting it in the past I might still hold out hope, but based off their track record... I'm not gonna hold my breath...

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    My short chat with Kyle from LG tells me otherwise:

Mobile Phone Support: Good morning you're through to Kyle, how can I help you today? Following this chat there is a short survey that will allow you to rate the Live Chat service you have received today. We appreciate all feed back given.
    Me: Hi, I was just curious if the LG Optimus 7 will receive the Windows Phone 7.8 update?
    Mobile Phone Support: Unfortunately we do not have any update information.
    Me: How would I be able to find out if it will get the update?
    Mobile Phone Support: You will need to contact Microsoft as they handle the updates.
    Me: So the update would go through Microsoft and not yourself?
    Mobile Phone Support: They release the update and then we release it to the consumer.
    Me: Fantastic. So support for the Optimus 7 is still active?
    Mobile Phone Support: That is correct.
    Me: Thank you very much

well looks like I was wrong (Im happy to admit) because I am currently running 7.8