Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sejgiul
  • 1 Post By gerrymmm

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    Currently installing 7.8 on my LG Optimus 7 :)
    Gergolos likes this.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Best of luck! I bet you'll love your phone 100x better now.

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    Thanks :) I liked it already as I got it from eBay for only 50 lol. The start screen real estate is much better though!

hi, i have an Australia Telstra network LG optimus 7 Q which is identical to Quantum by style design and identical in hardware chipset with Optimus 7.
    I use a combination of Cutting wifi trick and the seveneighter update tool to successfully upgraded the phone to 7.8
    It took some three hours in the process (include backups because i have 12 GB of stuff installed.)
    it is now running 7.10.8858.136
    hardware revision is 1.1.0.0
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by sejgiul View Post
    Currently installing 7.8 on my LG Optimus 7 :)
    contratulations!
    I'd like to say the same but for some reason my LG optimus 7 won't update to 7.8. I was wondering if someone is kind enough to help me :). I'm using the Dutch T-Mobile network and got my phone only like 6 months ago. I have a Mac (I know...) but haven't tried it yet on my PC. I've no idea what I am doing wrong here as other people (outside Europe and Netherlands) can easily update theire phone. thanks in advance

Greeting from Croatia

I have an Optimus 7 since it came out, flashed an European Open ROM on it quite some time ago (was locked down to T-Mobile Croatia and I switched to VIP).
    Received the 7.8 update today. Was really surprised to see it without any tricks/hacks.

So yeah, cheers to MS, going around LG and pushing the update on their own... 10/10 decision! :D

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I have the Optimus 7 (C900B) phone from Bell Mobility and have not seen any update of any kind. The Zune 'unplug-internet-cable' trick is not working either - I must have pulled out that cable a 100 times.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Ok ... to my surprise, and without needing any 'unplug the internet cable' tricks, the 7.8 update showed up when I connected the phone to my PC a few days back.
    Marsamver likes this.