LG Windows Phone

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
LG Lancet released by Verizon (as per WCentral article by Harish Jonnalagadda)
Verizon's first Windows Phone of 2015 is the LG Lancet, now available for $19.99 on-contract [Update] | Windows Central

Didn't see it mentioned yet....but from the Verizon website news release....
LG Lancet: First Windows Smartphone on Verizon with Advanced Calling 1.0

The LG Lancet is the first Verizon Windows phone to enable Advanced Calling 1.0...

meaning it has HD Voice:

-----------------------------------------
The LG Lancet launches with Advanced Calling 1.0 capabilities, making it the first Windows smartphone on Verizon with HD Voice Calling. This means you can enjoy natural-sounding HD voice calls with other Advanced Calling-enabled Verizon smartphones.
---------------------------------------------

Advanced calling 1.0:
Advanced Calling 1.0 - Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless
-------------------------------
HD Voice
High-Definition Audio

Experience natural-sounding calls when both phones are HD Voice-enabled and connected to the Verizon 4G LTE network. HD Voice sounds as if the person you're calling is standing right next to you.
---------------------------------

Last edited:

Spencer Carriveau

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
LG Lancet released by Verizon (as per WCentral article by Harish Jonnalagadda)
Verizon's first Windows Phone of 2015 is the LG Lancet, now available for $19.99 on-contract [Update] | Windows Central

Didn't see it mentioned yet....but from the Verizon website news release....
LG Lancet: First Windows Smartphone on Verizon with Advanced Calling 1.0

The LG Lancet is the first Verizon Windows phone to enable Advanced Calling 1.0...

meaning it has HD Voice:

-----------------------------------------
The LG Lancet launches with Advanced Calling 1.0 capabilities, making it the first Windows smartphone on Verizon with HD Voice Calling. This means you can enjoy natural-sounding HD voice calls with other Advanced Calling-enabled Verizon smartphones.
---------------------------------------------

Advanced calling 1.0:
Advanced Calling 1.0 - Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless
-------------------------------
HD Voice
High-Definition Audio

Experience natural-sounding calls when both phones are HD Voice-enabled and connected to the Verizon 4G LTE network. HD Voice sounds as if the person you're calling is standing right next to you.
---------------------------------

ATT has had HD voice for quite some time. Does it work between ATT and Verizon(like if I call using HD voice and the person I'm calling has HD voice on Verizon?)

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
>Spencer Carriveau
in re: "ATT has had HD voice for quite some time. Does it work between ATT and Verizon(like if I call using HD voice and the person I'm calling has HD voice on Verizon?) "

That I don't know, but it would be reallllly nice if that were the case. However from this quoted info below...it looks like it will be restricted to calls within the Verizon 4G network (so only Verizon phone to Verizon phone). Oh and, of course this is an *extra* feature that must be subscribed/paid to Verizon.

Advanced Calling 1.0 Requirements: HD Voice requires both parties to use a Verizon HD Voice-enabled phone on Verizon?s 4G LTE network. Video Calling requires HD Voice and a Video Calling-enabled phone. HD Voice and Video calls are billed like regular voice calls. Data usage also applies to Video Calls. The following features/services are incompatible with Advanced Calling 1.0: prepaid service, Caller Name ID and Slacker Radio Tones. Additional incompatible features apply for Business and Government customers.

Here's a Verizon FAQ on Advanced Calling...doesn't yet mention Windows phones.
Advanced Calling 1.0 | Verizon Wireless

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234