bought LG Lancet to replace cracked Icon

jywang

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I cracked my Icon after a few too many falls to concrete. While I wait for the next premium Windows Phone, I decided to try the LG Lancet. Let me preface this by saying that in addition to the Icon as my primary phone, I also carry a Nexus 6 which gives me a big screen for browsing, free hotspot, etc. I primarily use the Icon for calls, texts, and email.

So, surprisingly, I really like the Lancet. It is fast. Turns on in 20 seconds. And never seems to lag. The battery life is excellent. The day I bought it, I never even charged it and managed to get through whole day while getting the entire phone setup with downloading apps via LTE.

This phone is so much easier to hold in one hand due to smaller size. However, I'm not used to volume buttons on left side. In a sense this is good because I won't accidentally hit them.

The screen brightness is good and I thought the resolution would bother me but it doesn't. I guess because I know that I'm getting better battery life because of it. And since the screen is smaller it didn't look bad. I believe the screen looks better than the HTC trophy.

Since my music is uploaded to OneDrive I don't even worry about the memory size. But I did put in a microsd for pictures. However the camera photos in night time reminds me of the trophy because it would always over expose the close objects. Distance and daytime photos are probably OK.

But for $129 out the door, I'm very happy. Yes, I could have bought a phone on eBay but this phone has a warranty, great call quality, and great battery life. I've had pretty much every windows phone in the past and this one is worth considering...

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
I cracked my Icon after a few too many falls to concrete. While I wait for the next premium Windows Phone, I decided to try the LG Lancet. Let me preface this by saying that in addition to the Icon as my primary phone, I also carry a Nexus 6 which gives me a big screen for browsing, free hotspot, etc. I primarily use the Icon for calls, texts, and email.

So, surprisingly, I really like the Lancet. It is fast. Turns on in 20 seconds. And never seems to lag. The battery life is excellent. The day I bought it, I never even charged it and managed to get through whole day while getting the entire phone setup with downloading apps via LTE.

This phone is so much easier to hold in one hand due to smaller size. However, I'm not used to volume buttons on left side. In a sense this is good because I won't accidentally hit them.

The screen brightness is good and I thought the resolution would bother me but it doesn't. I guess because I know that I'm getting better battery life because of it. And since the screen is smaller it didn't look bad. I believe the screen looks better than the HTC trophy.

Since my music is uploaded to OneDrive I don't even worry about the memory size. But I did put in a microsd for pictures. However the camera photos in night time reminds me of the trophy because it would always over expose the close objects. Distance and daytime photos are probably OK.

But for $129 out the door, I'm very happy. Yes, I could have bought a phone on eBay but this phone has a warranty, great call quality, and great battery life. I've had pretty much every windows phone in the past and this one is worth considering...

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
Just seeing if you still are liking the phone after having it for a few.

jywang

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Like it even more. Easy to hold. Fits in pocket easily. And found the screen to be ok even with the lower resolution. Really surprised...

bigeduck

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried lumia 630 ? How does it feel if compared to 630 ?

Just came from ATT, had the 900, 920, then 635. It is much faster and handles background apps quicker than my 635. You can pick up a 635 for dirt cheap now but they were both about 120 when they came out, the only thing is the camera seems better on the 635 but only slightly, it also has a selfie camera but isn't very good (thought the 635 doesn't even have one) and most importantly it has a proximity sensor so I don't hang up on people when I put the phone to my face.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte