LG Lancet Doesn't Work In Canada

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
So my mom got an LG Lancet recently, which she actually really likes...but now we're in Canada visiting family and it doesn't get any cellular signal at all. Apparently it only works on Verizon's network...and she was even told it would work in Canada by Verizon. So it looks like she'll be returning it and getting a 735 once it comes out. Talk about a disappointment...and now she can't use her phone for a while.

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Depending on what part of Canada your going to vzw may not have an agreement with that service provider like for example telus in bc or bell or sasktel in the far east or rogers in Ontario. What id suggest is go to a service provider store have them test a card in it before buying a prepaid sim card & put it in that phone as its an unlocked phone. I myself have been using a lumia icon on rogers for a little over a year.(mostly on hspa when I expect to be called because gdr3 fw wasn't configured properly for gsm calling when set to lte is was essentially a data only device. But now with 8.1.1 im lucky if it will get an lte signal)

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I see the problem maybe it needs a system setting app for configuration of ap(or hadn't configured the built-in setting for roaming profiles) guessing they dont have one yet(or had one for wp7.x) maybe you might want to contact vzw tech support or lg(like they'd have clue about what to do)

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
All have Verizon SIM cards. Verizon told us it would work but they seem to be clueless so who knows.

Yeah, it seems they are prevented from working on other networks at the moment. Since the GSM bands are there I think they will be enabled in a future update. I remember there were also some problems with the Lumia 822 when it was first released, like not being able to send SMS o MMS.

I was planning to use mine on T-Mobile and Telcel and I don't know if I should return it or wait.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, we've returned the phone and she's getting a 735 once we get back into the U.S. It's too bad because she really liked the Lancet a lot as crazy as that may seem. I'm sure she'll like the 735 as well. The only negative really is that it's larger (and costs more, but it's still a good price), but other than that it seems pretty nice.

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, we've returned the phone and she's getting a 735 once we get back into the U.S. It's too bad because she really liked the Lancet a lot as crazy as that may seem. I'm sure she'll like the 735 as well. The only negative really is that it's larger (and costs more, but it's still a good price), but other than that it seems pretty nice.

I know, the Lancet is pretty good. I also like it a lot. Probably will keep it in my drawer until the issues are resolved. Hopefully.

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it seems they are prevented from working on other networks at the moment. Since the GSM bands are there I think they will be enabled in a future update. I remember there were also some problems with the Lumia 822 when it was first released, like not being able to send SMS o MMS.

I was planning to use mine on T-Mobile and Telcel and I don't know if I should return it or wait.

From what I understood was they just didn't bother to fix the lte while hspa worked fine which you still have to drop to use internet sharing besides the fact that the 822 only supports band 13(700) which as of now is as supported as 2600 is

we use GSM services in canada not WCDMA
Wcdma is short for hspa

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The only negative really is that it's larger (and costs more, but it's still a good price), but other than that it seems pretty nice.

It's kinda sad. The manufacturers seem to have only recently gotten the memo that not everyone wants to hold a tablet up to their head. (I'm looking at you, Samsung.) *sigh* I'd give it a year or so, there will probably be more options available in the long run.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
It's kinda sad. The manufacturers seem to have only recently gotten the memo that not everyone wants to hold a tablet up to their head. (I'm looking at you, Samsung.) *sigh* I'd give it a year or so, there will probably be more options available in the long run.

Yeah, I'm hoping for more phones under 5" that are high-end.

Also, my mom ended up dropping her 735 and cracking the glass. :p It still works, though. She knows someone who's going to replace the glass for her for free, so that's good. She does like the 735.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm hoping for more phones under 5" that are high-end.

Also, my mom ended up dropping her 735 and cracking the glass. :p It still works, though. She knows someone who's going to replace the glass for her for free, so that's good. She does like the 735.

One of the reasons the carriers are trying to move away from contracts is to force the manufacturers to compete on price again. Already we're starting to see a better variety of smartphones available of all brands. I think a high-end phone of modest size isn't a pipe dream anymore.

Sorry to hear about that screen, but glad you're getting it fixed. I know I've broken my share of gadgets in my life. XD Just keep Microsoft's tech support number handy in case you need an official repair. Not free, but most manufacturers are willing to do it for a fee.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6