Question about the Internet Access on the Quantum.......

CrookedH927

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So..I have a question..I understand that the Quantum is going to use internet but does it run constantly? I only have the 200MB plan from AT&T, which is the cheapest one I could get, because -I- don't use the internet alot but..Does the phone? Am I going to have to upgrade my internet plan because the phone will use it? If so, I'm ditching this phone. I do like it but compared to my iPhone..well..It doesn't compare.

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Bell here in Canada and I got a 500MB plan. I thought that it wouldn't be enough, and I was scared that the internet would be pulling data all the time, but it doesn't. I use to switch from my 3G connection to WiFi when I first got the phone, because I was afraid I was using too much data from the web. I stopped doing that though for a whole month, just to see how much data was actually pulled from the internet and I haven't even come close to my limit. I have apps that require updating over the internet and I have to say, it doesn't pull as much data as I thought.

I'm also not surfing the web all day, and the apps I have don't require too much data updating from the internet, so I'm starting to think 500MB is too much.

So to answer your question, the internet does not run constantly. If you're not using it, it won't do anything. Only if your app requires information from the internet, then you're internet will be running (for example, downloading a video, music or podcast on to your phone from your phone....and doing it everyday).

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
One of my friends at work has a 200mb plan. They are always connected to WiFi and wouldn't have a data plan if they could get away with it. Just be careful and remember some carriers dont update your current data usage right away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abigial