Data Connection (and other) Issues with Quantum

zr2s10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a Focus, but my wife has an LG Quantum, and she has not been too happy with it. For the past week she has not been able to connect to the internet properly without pulling the battery and restarting the phone. She had the problem first, then my Focus started the next day. We went to the AT&T store, and that's where they had us pull the batteries to get them working again. My Focus has been fine since, and they said it was the phones just needing reset, nothing to do with the network (which I only partly believe, since they both messed up about the same time!). But the Quantum still loses the data connection at least once a day.

On top of this, the Quantum loses the Wi-Fi connection at our house, while my wife is using it. And it's not the WiFi, my phone works fine (has dropped it, but only twice), and our Wii runs good on it also.

Lastly, the cellular signal at our home isn't the best, but I can usually maintain a call with my Focus. The Quantum is another story. 90% of the time, my wife gets a dropped call and has to go outside to carry a conversation.

Is the Focus that much better than the Quantum, or is my wife's phone just a junk one? I really need to get this straightened out. The data thing is just an annoyance, but the dropped calls is a safety thing to me. This winter she's going to be several months pregnant, and I want her to be able to reach me if she gets stranded in a ditch, etc.

Any tips/ideas?

Tobyus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Since you both are on the same network, it does seem like the problem is with your wife's phone. My Quantum has not had problems with dropping calls, and other than occasional problems with Youtube streaming at peak times (8 or 9 pm), I never have connection issues. Even when Youtube streaming isn't working just right, I can still browse the internet and send e-mails just fine. I think your wife's Quantum may have a hardware issue, perhaps in the radio/modem/whatever they call it. Since it affects both WiFi and 3G, it must be a pretty major issue. If AT&T won't let you exchange it, maybe you can get LG to send her a replacement?

zr2s10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
We've had the phones since Feb, so just an exchange is out. I would basically have to smash it so they replace it under our insurance, lol. I'll have to look into LGs warranty, I saw on here somewhere that they have a 1 yr warranty, so that may be my best option. Of course, then she'll be without a phone until they can get it back to her, which is not ideal, and she would not go for. They tried that when we had Verizon on her old phone, and I thought she was gonna bite the service rep's head off! Maybe if they can just send her a refurbished one that we can have everything transferred to, then send the other one back. That would be the best way of doing that in my opinion.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Bummer that your wife's device is goofed up.
I have not heard of or witnessed any major problems with Quantum that haven't happened with the Focus. I'm sure nearly everyone would agree that she received a faulty device. I would continue to complain to AT&T on all fronts; your local store, corporate website, and corporate call center. Don't settle for sending it in for repairs. Try to get a brand new one, or maybe get a refurbished device.
Also, try the LG online store. I don't know much about how their warranty works, but do your due diligence to get a fully functional device.
The Quantum is a great device for many people. I hope your wife gets the opportunity to get the full user experience out of it.
Good luck!

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
We've had the phones since Feb, so just an exchange is out.

No-you have 1 year warranty for defective devices. I have gotten replacements many times over the last 8 years. They will send replacement and you send bad one back.
Better yet AAT has warranty replacement stores in some cities you can go to-we have 2 here in Denver, Co. area...

As for wife not having a back-up phone-you do keep your old ones, right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss