Looking to get a Quantum...

PimpOShea0508

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys! Im new here and im lookin into buying a Quantum! Now i absolutely want a windows phone and i want the quantum because it has a keyboard! Now my question is... is it worth buying a quantum now? i mean its over a year old but there r no other new windows phones with keyboards and im wondering if it can hold up compared to the newer phones. I also dont want to go out and buy it if there will be a new modle for at&t that comes out with one with a keyboard in the comming months
so if you guys could help me that would be awesome =]
thanks!

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, no, there has not been any talk of AT&T getting another Windows Phone with a physical keyboard, and the Quantum is not getting reordered anymore.

If you want a good little qwerty device that really has alot of features that other Gen I, and even some Gen II devices lack, don't hesitate to pick one up.

This is a decent thread to read through to help you decide.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/quantum/176995.htm
Of course, it has the smallest screen of any Windows Phone, but there are many other reasons that make it perfect for many people.

Don't hesitate to ask any more specific questions. That is what this forum is for.

Welcome to WPCentral Forums!!

FriendOrDafoe

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Welllllllll..... There are RUMERS of the nokia "ACE" having a physical key board and coming to AT&T 2012. But who knows.

That being said. The quantum (IMO) is the best first gen wp7 b/c of the key board and its soooo sturdy. You couldnt break it if you wanted to. Definatly a solid choice.

WPGenius

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Its probably by far the most firm device, the Focus is reeeeeally light compared to the Quantum, so you would definitely know if you had it in your pocket. The screen is small, but its actually very responsive, and the phone itself is fluid. I love having the option to switch keyboards on the fly, and also the LG apps are kinda neat too. I paid out of pocket for mines maybe 3 months or so after it came out, and I still use it. The Battery life is SUPERB, probably the best phone ive used battery wise. I honestly think WP is going to get bigger as time goes along, I'd say go for it if you dont wanna wait, its still a GOOD phone.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I've spent a week now with my Focus S. I'm actually missing my Quantum. The best thing a out the Quantum is that it runs well. My S isn't bad, it just isn't always as fast as the Quantum.
Now, at times the S is very noticeably faster than the Quantum, but the Quantum never bogged down or froze up. The S does. I will be swapping my current Focus S for a new device, or will be getting the Titan. :-(

Sent from my SGH-i937 Focus S using Board Express!

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Get it now for a penny

Let's look at this logically. The only features a possible Nokia device could give you that the Quantum can't are:

1. Better camera
2. Better navigation
3. Prettier design
4. Larger screen
5. Support for hidden SSID
6. More storage
7. Official tethering

The features the Quantum can give you that a Nokia device might not are:

1. Free tethering
2. Smaller screen
3. Durability
4. Reliability
5. Low Cost (Quantum is 1 cent at Amazon Wireless)

Pick the items above that are most important to you and act accordingly. For me, I got the Quantum in September because I absolutely need free tethering and a keyboard. Additionally, I have learned long ago not to wait for vaporware. Plus, the Quantum has been out for a year and the reviews are in.

Tobyus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I've spent a week now with my Focus S. I'm actually missing my Quantum. The best thing a out the Quantum is that it runs well. My S isn't bad, it just isn't always as fast as the Quantum.
Now, at times the S is very noticeably faster than the Quantum, but the Quantum never bogged down or froze up. The S does. I will be swapping my current Focus S for a new device, or will be getting the Titan. :-(

Sent from my SGH-i937 Focus S using Board Express!

I noticed the same thing when I did a side by side browser comparison of my quantum vs a Samsung Focus S and an HTC Titan. I deleted the browsing history on all 3, typed in the same address on all 3, with all 3 set to load the desktop version of the page, and WiFi turned off on all 3. My quantum beat both on loading 3 different pages. The Titan was actually the slowest of the 3....just to give you a heads up.

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
My wife has the Quantum and it's a solid phone. The Quantum is a solid phone and the keyboard is exactly why my wife got it. She's dropped it probably 100 times (with a case if course) and it still works as good as new. No regrets.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

Gambit11B

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I love my Quantum (even though I've had to replace it twice in it's first year). The physical keyboard is great, but after having it, I find myself not even going to it anymore because the touchscreen keyboard works extremely well.

I would recommend going for a 2nd Gen device, but getting a Quantum is a pretty good idea if you want a great device for the going price right now.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

Thanks for sharing your views on the Quantum.

And welcome along to WPCentral Gambit 11B. :)

hardcoreplur

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
my quantum is the BEST phone i have ever had!!!! every issue i have had with the quantum was solved by a restart. The only problem I have is the headphone jack no longer allows for mic-ed headphones, but i was my fault that I didn't call for a warranty claim before my year was up. but i still love it! I love the fact too that i bought it when i was working at an apple store, and showed it off to my co-workers ("oh you have an app for facebook chat, mine is built-in to the OS and is apart of my messaging hub")

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6