Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 64GUNSHIP
  • 1 Post By slinky826
  • 1 Post By techomaniac

Just checked mine and no update. Trying the forcing trick without success.
    Isn't the Quantum invited to the 7740 party? I would love to have Tethering.

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    I haven't heard of any updates being scheduled for the Quantum. Usually WPCentral itself is pretty good about posting articles when a new update surfaces.

Sent from my SGH-i937 Focus S using Board Express!

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I forced it with cab sender..

No noticeable changes

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NairobiWP7 View Post
    Just checked mine and no update. Trying the forcing trick without success.
    Isn't the Quantum invited to the 7740 party? I would love to have Tethering.
    Tethering is already available for free with a hack you can find on the web. I've been using it since before Mango.

Quote Originally Posted by lippidp View Post
    Tethering is already available for free with a hack you can find on the web. I've been using it since before Mango.
    USB Tethering or WI-FI Tethering?

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    USB Tethering or WI-FI Tethering?
    It's USB tethering. That is, you use your phone as a modem for your computer to connect to the Internet when your computer has no other means of connecting to the Internet. If you're trying to create a "mobile hotspot" to share the Internet connection of your phone to other people, you can probably do that in Windows. You would first connect the phone as a modem for your laptop, then share that Internet connection via your laptop's WiFi adapter. I haven't tried it since I don't have the need for it, but I bet it can work.

I would love to have Tethering.
    Hi everyone, new(ish) here.

I am writing a tutorial for Quantum users to get wireless tethering. It works for all Quantum devices/on all carriers. Hopefully I'll have it posted soon.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts

Welcome along to WPCentral 64GUNSHIP. :)

I'm sure that will greatly benefit anyone who currently have no tethering on their Quantum.

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeBear View Post
    Click to view quoted image

Welcome along to WPCentral 64GUNSHIP. :)

I'm sure that will greatly benefit anyone who currently have no tethering on their Quantum.
    Thanks for the warm welcome :)
    I'll follow up soon.
    TheWeeBear likes this.

Has anyone else had the LG symbol freeze on their home screen? I cant use any functions or power the phone down, and overheating. The only way to stop it is a battery pull. This happened on three different Quantums I've owned several times.

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mistato View Post
    Has anyone else had the LG symbol freeze on their home screen? I cant use any functions or power the phone down, and overheating. The only way to stop it is a battery pull. This happened on three different Quantums I've owned several times.
    I've never had that problem, but I've only had the phone for 5 months.

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Yes, I have had this happen to my Quantum a couple of times. I was really pushing it hard though, and this was after having it for nearly a year. It was discouraging to see that it happened, but a quick battery-pull resolved things easily.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    You can follow this trick to get the updates with on AT&T.

http://www.windowscentral.com/get-no...-your-lg-phone

I changed the string to 000-88 (which I found in another set of instructions), connected my phone to my PC, ran the Zune software and grabbed the 7740 and 8107 updates. Then re-branded the phone back to AT&T (string ATT-US).
    Thanked by:
    Gocheif likes this.

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinky826 View Post

I changed the string to 000-88 (which I found in another set of instructions), connected my phone to my PC, ran the Zune software and grabbed the 7740 and 8107 updates. Then re-branded the phone back to AT&T (string ATT-US).
    Does tethering still work after having installed those updates?

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lippidp View Post
    Does tethering still work after having installed those updates?
    I never bothered setting up tethering, so I have no clue.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinky826 View Post

I did that as well and now have 8107 update on Quantum. The disappearing keyboard bug has gone for good!
    Thanked by:
    Gocheif likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by techomaniac View Post
    I did that as well and now have 8107 update on Quantum. The disappearing keyboard bug has gone for good!
    Does that update allow you to add hidden wifi networks now, or is it still dependant upon a firmware update from LG?

My Quantum just got this update 7.10.8773.98 :D

Thank you Slinky826 and techomaniac for the reminder how to de-brand to force updates.

I am updating now to 7.10.8773.98 as well! :D
    Last edited by Gocheif; 10-12-2012 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Added version number 7.10.8773.98

Never had my Quantum freeze or get hot in 2 years of use... It did reset itself a time or 2 that I remember though, but overall the device and OS has been rock solid