LG Quantum overheating?

the_tyrant

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got an LG quantum a few days ago.
It is an unlocked device(originally Bell Canada)

I have found that the phone overheats, the temperature of the phone heats up with use.

My current os and specs are as follows:
OS version: 7.10.7720.68
Firmware revision number: 1.0.8.10
Hardware revision number: 1.1.0.0
Radio software version: 1.0.8.10
Radio Hardware Version: 0.3.5.0
Bootloader version: 1.5.1.0
Chip SOC version 0.30.2.0

Should I send the phone back, or is there a firmware I have to flash or something?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Is it rebooting or something when it overheats? The newer lithium batteries do get warm when you use the phone.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
But how do you know it "over" heats? Is it warm to to the touch or does the phone turn off?

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

hardcoreplur

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
my quantum always gets very warm when streaming music or using the gps.
the quantum is completely aluminum, it absorps heat from the cpu and cell and gps chips and all of those chips are really close together. This is normal for it to get alot of surface heat. Windows phone has a build-in temp sensor that will turn the phone off if it gets too hot. don't worry about it if that overheating screen isn't showing up.
one of the reasons this happens is the OS is either running at 200mhz at idle and 1Ghz when running an app. there is no throttle.
I hope this help.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
wish sometimes it does not auto restart it self cause, when am on a call an using certain apps to help out a situation in my kind of work i find it annoying i wonder if its cause of the jail break.

I've only had mine restart itself on its own once and that was pre NoDo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans