So, who's planning on getting a Lumia 1030?

ElronTheElder

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Reviews of SD 810 are not good.
Throttling is mandated due to global warming.....
MS came out and stood behind that SoC so guess that is what we will get.
Think it will be a L1520 clone in order to get a black box mass for a throm wall effect.
Looking forward to it.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Is it canceled and there's just a 940 this year???
If it ever existed, there doesn't seem to have been any further confirmation or spec leaks etc.
The 940 sounds like an "OK" device specs wise. But there's nothing "Wow" in there. Unless the iris scanner works well (which being first-gen, I'd not put too much money on). And, if it is to be released, it's a looonnnng way from being available.
If the camera's any good, I'll have added an LG G4 to my collection by then, as my main phone for another year or so - no money to MS from me this year :-(

Presto

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I know this is the 1030 thread.... But what are you thoughts on what is the Best alternative to the 1020 based on what is already out there or at least announced? I'm interested in getting a new phone with a really good camera but i'm not sure I can keep waiting for the next lumia device to be released.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
LG G4 (hopefully out at end of month) is rumoured to have a good snapper.
And likely where a pile of my cash MS could have had will be heading.
I'd expect the next iPhone to have a noticeably better shooter too - they nicked Lumia's top man just long enough ago for him to need to make an impact on Apple's next model.

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
If I don't cave and get the S6 a 1020 successor would be reasonable to assume.

That said, my allegiance to the hardware is starting to wane as MSFT keeps adding great support to the other platforms. My biggest concern is that I have yet to have a great experience with Android phones (all have been buggy/leggy/etc) and I've had nothing but great experiences with my WP phones.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I know this is the 1030 thread.... But what are you thoughts on what is the Best alternative to the 1020 based on what is already out there or at least announced? I'm interested in getting a new phone with a really good camera but i'm not sure I can keep waiting for the next lumia device to be released.

There is no alternative to the 1020 unless the 1030 is released. ha ha ha!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
So much enthusiasm and eagerness. Looks like I'll have to wait a long time after the L1030 (or L10x0) gets announced before it becomes available in my country... if it gets announced at all.:cool:

Lorne Tontegode

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Man, I want a 1030 to come out soooooo bad. I had my 1020 for about 2 years and it is the only phone that I have kept for that long. I've had most all others prior whether it was Apple, Samsung, Sony, Blackberry, etc. I just loved that phone but the mic broke and since it was a MS Store purchase with replacement warranty, I picked up the best that I could, an 830. The 830 is a decent phone but it is no 1020. I miss my 1020. Please bring us a 1020 successor MS. I will buy it on day one.

Microsucks

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I have an 810, a 1020 and a 1520. All three have features that I really like and some I dislike. If a 1030 would bring me:

* The battery life of the 1520 (or at least close to it.)
* Enough processor speed to shoot decent video and speedy burst photo shooting
* The hump (as this helps a lot to not drop the phone while holding it, I actually find it quite brilliant just for that reason, but it also makes the 1020 stand out, gives the phone character.)
* Xenon flash
* OS featuring three rows of tiles, like the 1520. (This would be fine on a 5" display.)
* AMOLED!! (The 1520 display is nice as long as you don't compare it to the 1020 AMOLED, even though the resolution of the 1020 isn't as high as the 1520 display, it is SO much better. The 1520 is much more blurry (well visible with for instance white on green background text), black is definitely poor compared to the 1020.)

I would definitely buy it.

I am not too fussed about more than the already amazing 41MP of the 1020. Sensor size is very okay too. Only the focusing distance, as has been mentioned is a little issue. I love shooting macros and this is not the strongest point of the 1020 optics. Sensor wise I think it leaves nothing to be desired, it is more than sufficient.

SD card slot I would definitely like to have, as it is an isolated partition of memory, and I like to take specific playlists of music with me for certain occasions. It is also a cool feature for storing various "Here" maps on to.

metalb00

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
guess theres still no word on this :-( im hoping if it does appear it has an xl version (5.7-6") with 3300ma battery cause my only issue w my 1020 was its little screen and its always nice to have alot o juice

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Not happening. The camera phone is over. Concentrating on other devices. The 1020 is the last one. Keep it and enjoy it. Besides, once it gets fully baked windows 10 mobile on it, it is going to be super again. Like breathing life into it all over again.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Not that I have heard. It's on the latest list I have seen. Now, how long it takes AT&T to push it to us is another story. Hopfully soon.

JobSteves

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
It don't feel like a NEED a new phone right now so it seriously depends on what the 'Surface phone' brings to the table.

But yeah I'll be getting one of the two lol.

Djalmar

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Even if the phone has huge mpx and other awesome spects, the real problem is the speed of the camera or at least I think so

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos