Problem with Battery backup

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
When you unpacked the phone did you give it an initial 10-12hr charge or just use it straight away? I always give it a full charge right through the first night when new.

It doesn't matter with new battery tech. You can never over charge your battery and you can't fully empty it.

It's really a cyclic thing. Use the phone, discharge it with use, charge it. Do a few times and things should be fine. If your battery or phone is faulty you'll find out within the first month. If you're getting average use time out of it then you're fine.

Tahmid Alam

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
When you unpacked the phone did you give it an initial 10-12hr charge or just use it straight away? I always give it a full charge right through the first night when new.

When I bought it from outlet I didn't get time to charge it fully as I had to cut my sim and put it in the phone. I kept the phone switched on for an hour and half then I have to give a reset because I was getting an error that phone cannot be activated. After that I gave it full charge. Again during charge I had to pull it from charge because I got a call. I think this might hamper my battery.:(

Tahmid Alam

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't matter with new battery tech. You can never over charge your battery and you can't fully empty it.

It's really a cyclic thing. Use the phone, discharge it with use, charge it. Do a few times and things should be fine. If your battery or phone is faulty you'll find out within the first month. If you're getting average use time out of it then you're fine.

I don't any idea about this long charging thing. When ever I buy a cell phone from my county they always recommend us to give charge for 8-10 hours. But I didn't get any scientific explanation of this.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
When I bought it from outlet I didn't get time to charge it fully as I had to cut my sim and put it in the phone. I kept the phone switched on for an hour and half then I have to give a reset because I was getting an error that phone cannot be activated. After that I gave it full charge. Again during charge I had to pull it from charge because I got a call. I think this might hamper my battery.:(

They're referring to old battery technology that the batteries used to have a 'memory'.

The way new batteries work is that you cannot over charge and you cannot completely empty them. The circuitry is set up to prevent both.

You can charge your battery to any amount, use it and then continue to charge. It shouldn't effect your battery extensively just don't do it all the time.

Your phone should have come charged as it's not good for new batteries to be empty. It actually damages them. So you can start using your phone immediately once you get it, unless the charge is very low. Then charge it when you need to.

You cannot damage your battery easily but that's not to say that all batteries are perfect. There are defects.

Tahmid Alam

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
They're referring to old battery technology that the batteries used to have a 'memory'.

The way new batteries work is that you cannot over charge and you cannot completely empty them. The circuitry is set up to prevent both.

You can charge your battery to any amount, use it and then continue to charge. It shouldn't effect your battery extensively just don't do it all the time.

Your phone should have come charged as it's not good for new batteries to be empty. It actually damages them. So you can start using your phone immediately once you get it, unless the charge is very low. Then charge it when you need to.

You cannot damage your battery easily but that's not to say that all batteries are perfect. There are defects.

Thanks a lot for you clarification. I was worried that I might have damaged the battery by not giving charge. I am using it for 4 days. I will look how the battery works for 1 month. If it does not go below discharge rate of 2% with wifi on then I will take it to the customer care. I noticed one thing. After disabling double tap to wake discharge rate went 6.5 to 4.8 % .

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot for you clarification. I was worried that I might have damaged the battery by not giving charge. I am using it for 4 days. I will look how the battery works for 1 month. If it does not go below discharge rate of 2% with wifi on then I will take it to the customer care. I noticed one thing. After disabling double tap to wake discharge rate went 6.5 to 4.8 % .

The only reason they recommend you charge it at first is so you get a full charge out of it. That's all.

As for your discharge rate, 2% is not that bad. If it worries you then you need to look at other aspects of your phone usage but it is a smartphone. Just enjoy it and try not to get too hung up on battery life. If you can get a full 10-13 hours with usage that's perfectly fine for most people and is within the statistics of the L535.

Any extra function you have on a smartphone will reduce battery life. It's that simple. Talking, data, email, GPS, Bluetooth, having the screen on, etc. All cost battery. The L535 is a low end device and is large with a mid size battery. Keep that in mind.

If battery life does concern you pick up a portable charger to give you that couple of more hours if need be.

Tahmid Alam

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
The only reason they recommend you charge it at first is so you get a full charge out of it. That's all.

As for your discharge rate, 2% is not that bad. If it worries you then you need to look at other aspects of your phone usage but it is a smartphone. Just enjoy it and try not to get too hung up on battery life. If you can get a full 10-13 hours with usage that's perfectly fine for most people and is within the statistics of the L535.

Any extra function you have on a smartphone will reduce battery life. It's that simple. Talking, data, email, GPS, Bluetooth, having the screen on, etc. All cost battery. The L535 is a low end device and is large with a mid size battery. Keep that in mind.

If battery life does concern you pick up a portable charger to give you that couple of more hours if need be.

Thanks a lot . Hope my battery will do fine after some days. You were very much clear with your explanation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo