Problem with Battery backup

Tahmid Alam

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I have bought this phone on December 13. And I charged it fully. But I am getting very poor back up. I bought dual sim version but I switched off one of the sim to save battery. With very moderate use I am getting hardly 13 hours of back up. Is my one's problem or any one you facing this kind of issue.

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Small battery?
You're having a laugh aren't you? It's just shy of 2000mAh!

Yes, and my battery is 3100mAh, so by my standards, your battery is fairly small.

Going by the general specs you have approximately 13hrs talk time on 3G on your phone. If it's using a lot of data in the background you're going to hit that 13 hour mark fairly easily.

You're welcome for the help by the way.

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes, and my battery is 3100mAh, so by my standards, your battery is fairly small.

Going by the general specs you have approximately 13hrs talk time on 3G on your phone. If it's using a lot of data in the background you're going to hit that 13 hour mark fairly easily.

You're welcome for the help by the way.

Sorry, my bad.
Thanks for telling me that my battery is small and yours is big!
I bet you're one of these people who thinks 6" inches = 1 foot and can't pass a mirror without winking at your reflection.
The average smartphone battery is less than 2000mAh so you're just obviously a 'big boy'.
You into fishing?
Kudos dude, you earned it!!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, my bad.
Thanks for telling me that my battery is small and yours is big!
I bet you're one of these people who thinks 6" inches = 1 foot and can't pass a mirror without winking at your reflection.
The average smartphone battery is less than 2000mAh so you're just obviously a 'big boy'.
You into fishing?
Kudos dude, you earned it!!

No I don't think any of that I'm just telling you the difference.

What I was trying to get across is that anything under a 3000mAh is not going to last that long and if you have a lot of background tasks running you're going to drain your battery.

That's all I was getting at. If you want to make jokes of it that's fine. Haha.

I hope you manage to get more out of your phone in the future.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
2000 mAh is considered meh in phones as big as the 5" 535.
Sure, there are many below that, the iPhone 5, Lumia 620, etc etc, but many Android phones are pushing capacities above that with success.

His standards are different than yours. I used Palm stuff before, and with batteries clocking in at 750 mAh, 1150 mAh, the packs in some phones are amazing. (although this was a while ago, when these things ran for weeks)

No need to be a d ouche.

nolanpangestu

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I experienced same issue.. My battery drain 2% / 30min on easy usage like social media, browsing, and explore the menu.. It's annoying.. And the display too bright for indoor usage... My L520 did better at all than my new L535.. Need new firmware update quick..

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Using mobile data is a quick way to drain a battery. This includes all those activities you just mentioned. How many apps do you have running in the background?

You can adjust the display settings in the settings menu. Most people like a bright display. Also if your phone is new it usually takes about a week or so to break in the new battery. As I already mentioned it's a 13hr talk time on it if you're on 3G, less if you're using 2G.

Tahmid Alam

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I experienced same issue.. My battery drain 2% / 30min on easy usage like social media, browsing, and explore the menu.. It's annoying.. And the display too bright for indoor usage... My L520 did better at all than my new L535.. Need new firmware update quick..

This is the particular problem I'm talking about. Everybody is saying battery backup is good. I want to know how "good" they are talking about. If everybody also get backup of roughly 13 hours then I've no objection but if they r getting more than 1 day, then I have to replace my battery I guess.

Tahmid Alam

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I am kind of happy with my todays battery back up. It almost a day and still 55 % charge remaning. But I didn't use it like otter day. wifi was almost off whole day. And i turned of my double tap to wake. My discharge rate still above 4%/hour. Can you refer me the app you are using to know your dischargw rate.

Audigy

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I am kind of happy with my todays battery back up. It almost a day and still 55 % charge remaning. But I didn't use it like otter day. wifi was almost off whole day. And i turned of my double tap to wake. My discharge rate still above 4%/hour. Can you refer me the app you are using to know your dischargw rate.

Check on the app Battery Saver if there is unnecessary stuff running in the background. If there is, disable it. Probably is just some game or app with notifications and keep alive running the battery down.

I can confirm that with wifi always on, celular data off, location off, brightness on auto, skype always on and two SIM cards, I get around 2%/hour probably even a bit less than that. You should note that if you are in a bad area in terms of network coverage, the battery will drain faster.

Tahmid Alam

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Check on the app Battery Saver if there is unnecessary stuff running in the background. If there is, disable it. Probably is just some game or app with notifications and keep alive running the battery down.

I can confirm that with wifi always on, celular data off, location off, brightness on auto, skype always on and two SIM cards, I get around 2%/hour probably even a bit less than that. You should note that if you are in a bad area in terms of network coverage, the battery will drain faster.

Okkeh, I turned of all my background apps but only kept whatsapp allowed. My data connection is always switched off. But I noticed today actually my wifi is draining the battery quickly. my network is okay. Btw I am using this mobile for most 5 days. I didn't drain my battery totally. But I am planning this time. Does draining battery fully and then recharging it help?

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Do you have 3G enabled always? I don't as I use WiFi only (data disabled) so only need 2G for texts/calls. You must have apps running in background?

Tahmid Alam

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Do you have 3G enabled always? I don't as I use WiFi only (data disabled) so only need 2G for texts/calls. You must have apps running in background?

No I don't use 3g connection and its switched off. I have checked several times no apps are running on background except whatsapp. May be I need to drain the battery. But still how come below 2% of discharge rate.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Okkeh, I turned of all my background apps but only kept whatsapp allowed. My data connection is always switched off. But I noticed today actually my wifi is draining the battery quickly. my network is okay. Btw I am using this mobile for most 5 days. I didn't drain my battery totally. But I am planning this time. Does draining battery fully and then recharging it help?

Draining the battery does nothing. The latest batteries for phones do not need that done to them.

Usually a few cycles will sort out the charging/discharging cycle.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
No I don't use 3g connection and its switched off. I have checked several times no apps are running on background except whatsapp. May be I need to drain the battery. But still how come below 2% of discharge rate.

Whatsapp was a known battery drain for WP. I've been told that it's better now but I don't use it so I don't know. 2% isn't that bad.

You'll always have something running. If you went through the list I put a link to you can see where some of the other things that can cause battery drain. Keeping your GPS on for example or NFC (tap to send) if the phone has it and of course Bluetooth.

Simple reality is that phones use battery. The cheaper the phone, the less battery, the shorter the time between charges.

WP is not as efficient as people may have led you to believe.

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
When you unpacked the phone did you give it an initial 10-12hr charge or just use it straight away? I always give it a full charge right through the first night when new.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3