Lumia 535 Updates will there ever be a fix?

Jacksept

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Got a 535 having old hardware batch but touch is perfect after the update.. I haven't yet enrolled in DP nor did I reset the phone after update.

Brought the Phone from Amazon India

As you can see this is one of the newest update you can get and the problem remains. I have doubts to your claim that it is resolved.
Lumia 535
Dual SIM
Country variant
Firmware: 02055.00000.14511.22002

See this video as a proof Microsoft Lumia 535 latest firmware update do not solved touch issue - QuickVid - Imgur for Videos

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Still waiting here in UK.
Lumia 535
Dual SIM
Firmware: 02048.00000.14457.51001

UPDATE 1:
Logged out of DP, checked for updates and an update is currently downloading.
Will update again afterwards regarding screen sensitivity/responsiveness.

UPDATE 2:
Lumia 535
Dual SIM

I have to say that after 10 minutes continuous emailing to myself (the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy black dog) using all letters on keyboard, the keyboard swype issue, for me anyway, appears to be resolved.
If I encounter anything to the contrary I'll update.
The trail isn't stopping, jumping or indeed generating random letters like it used to pre-update typing the same sentence.

Last edited:

Zed 3250

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Still waiting here in UK.
Lumia 535
Dual SIM
Firmware: 02048.00000.14457.51001

UPDATE 1:
Logged out of DP, checked for updates and an update is currently downloading.
Will update again afterwards regarding screen sensitivity/responsiveness.

UPDATE 2:
Lumia 535
Dual SIM

I have to say that after 10 minutes continuous emailing to myself (the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy black dog) using all letters on keyboard, the keyboard swype issue, for me anyway, appears to be resolved.
If I encounter anything to the contrary I'll update.
The trail isn't stopping, jumping or indeed generating random letters like it used to pre-update typing the same sentence.

I noticed back with the old firmware that when you press and hold the backspace button the phone will randomly type the letter v or b, try that with the new firmware, see what you can find.
For the information, i had a lumia 535 dual sim version and i only faced the swype issue once.

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I noticed back with the old firmware that when you press and hold the backspace button the phone will randomly type the letter v or b, try that with the new firmware, see what you can find.
For the information, i had a lumia 535 dual sim version and i only faced the swype issue once.

Just typed the same sentence above (the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy black dog) twice into phone and pressed and held backspace button as requested.
It removed the initial letters one by one then speeded up and started removing the remaining letters word by word until back at beginning.

Zed 3250

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Just typed the same sentence above (the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy black dog) twice into phone and pressed and held backspace button as requested.
It removed the initial letters one by one then speeded up and started removing the remaining letters word by word until back at beginning.
i meant holding backspace without typing anything beforehand: hold it down for a while and try to move your finger around it, it used to type those random letters sometimes.
otherwise use the multitouch test app, press and hold at the bottom right of the screen, you'll sometimes notice a second phantom touch in the bottom.. at least with the old firmware

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
i meant holding backspace without typing anything beforehand: hold it down for a while and try to move your finger around it, it used to type those random letters sometimes.
otherwise use the multitouch test app, press and hold at the bottom right of the screen, you'll sometimes notice a second phantom touch in the bottom.. at least with the old firmware

Yup can confirm that but I get the same on my 520 when I do it aswell?
Not getting the phantom touch but in centre when drawing a circle the swype line doesn't break but isnt a perfect circle.
The top most of the circle is jagged slightly.
Getting a continuous touch of 1 all over the screen.

mindsocket

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I want to buy this phone. But I want to make sure that the hardware version is 0.5.0.1. Is there any way to find that out from lumia 535 packed box?

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Many Lumia 535 owners complaining!

Own the phone here in UK, bought from France.
Received the update on Monday to fix the touch issue and on the whole the phone works great now after initial issue with screen sensitivity.
I tend to find that excess grease on the screen seems to cause the swype keyboard to mis-behave but if cleaned it works fine.
Battery life has been brilliant from the off for me, I get easily a day and a half from a charge and this is using the phone on exchange push, 1hr of listening to music through work lunch break, cortana/location services now on, live tile updates for news/sport/facebook/weather.
Brightness set to low then auto, screen timeout 1 min.
Wifi on constantly, even though I have unlimited data it's way more battery efficient having data switched off.

All I did when bought was an initial 10 hr+ charge which lots of people are saying isn't/wasn't necessary but hey, works for me!

alisaad619

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I have one from the first batch (3.0.0) and after the update the touch is working fine . before the update it was not smooth especially when you use the phone while it's charging .

Derickalex123

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
hey ,mindsocket will the firmware 5 on lumia 535 work good.my lumia has 3 firmware , i cant use this stupid phone becuz of the touch screen ,pls help me

Udit Yadu

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I thought I was the only one..

One thing the I've noticed is that the touch works fine when my hands are not touching the back of the phone .

If I hold the mobile through its sides although sometimes it works good even if I'm touching the back portion..

Most of the problems I face are where using Swype

Last edited:

Erwin0723

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Many Lumia 535 owners complaining!

If I remember 925 cost 2.999.000 IDR. While 625 cost 1.999.999 IDR.
Why did you get 535 anyway. Get Nokia Lumia. Not Microsoft one. 730 also good it cost as same as 925 by lack of LTE. Some carrier already advanced into LTE so get LTE devices

Tahmid Alam

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

Yup I am having the same problem after update. When I am pressing the backspace it types random words like v b n.. And sometimes when I press numeric button it automatically press twice. Now I am getting really frustrated. I thought this issue will be solved after update.

MGS3SEBGE

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue as you. Bought the phone on Amazon, French Rom. Hardware revision test 3.0.0.0

After the update the touch problems continued so i decided to do a hard reset. The first 5-6 hours it worked fine, but it seems that the more you use it, the crazier it goes. Now the touch screen responds much worse than before, and i dont know what to do. Do we wait to another update? Im seriously thinking about returning it :cry:

Roney007du

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Me also facing the touch problem even after update.

The double tap is not working always. Double tap is not responding whenever the phone is plugged into charger or usb cable or whenever something is downloading and installing.

When the phone is plugged into charger or usb cable, the touch acts abnormally.

Hard to organise the live tile, the touch responds so quickly and open the app, couldn't make holding for few seconds to change the tile.

Very much disappointed. :cry::devil:

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I carried out the recovery tool option at the weekend and it appears to have worked.
I thought the last update had all but cleared it up but was still getting intermittent 'wobbles'.
The firmware version offered by the recovery tool includes the update (02055.00000.14511.22002).
I backup up the phone, used the recovery tool and rebuilt the phone.
Since Saturday I've had no problems with touch and/or double tap.

On an even lighter note I've also recovered half a gig (500mb) of space thanks to the rebuild, temp files?
Who knows but at present more than happy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb