Lumia 535 Missing Basic Functions...

Ashok Jaswani

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I purchased Microsoft Lumia 535 on 03/01/15 by exchanging with Nokia Asha 502 with local businessmen. Loaded it with updated software...still experience is bad.
1. Sometimes I am unable to reply the call because its' touch problem.
2. There no profile setting for keeping it in silent/meeting mode etc.
3. Some of the photographs & videos are not visible in my SD card which were downloaded from whatsapp.
It seems microsoft is in hurry to launch this model and its' testing group is not working properly.
Within one week, I am feeling that my Asha was working better than this!!!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I purchased Microsoft Lumia 535 on 03/01/15 by exchanging with Nokia Asha 502 with local businessmen. Loaded it with updated software...still experience is bad.
1. Sometimes I am unable to reply the call because its' touch problem.
2. There no profile setting for keeping it in silent/meeting mode etc.
3. Some of the photographs & videos are not visible in my SD card which were downloaded from whatsapp.
It seems microsoft is in hurry to launch this model and its' testing group is not working properly.
Within one week, I am feeling that my Asha was working better than this!!!

1. If there's a touch issue with your new phone, I'd suggest returning/exchanging it from where you purchased it.
2. Theres "quiet hours" under settings. You can also set this up under "notifications+actions" and set it up as a "quick action". An even faster way to set it up, is to ask Cortana to do it. :)
3. I don't use Whatsapp, so I'm not sure about saved pics from there, but try looking in the various albums under "saved pictures".

Also, make sure you have the latest updates by going to settings/phone update

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
... 2. There no profile setting for keeping it in silent/meeting mode etc...

... 2. Theres "quiet hours" under settings. You can also set this up under "notifications+actions" and set it up as a "quick action". An even faster way to set it up, is to ask Cortana to do it. :) ...

Also, and one I LOVE because it is automagic; Settings > quiet hours > tick the box (enable) "Turn on when I have a calendar event marked Busy."

You are setting up your Calendar events anyway, or reviewing invitations, so it is very easy to just mark 'em Busy. Then on the day, without you doing anything, your phone goes to Quiet Hours before you go into that important meeting. I stretch the time a bit... Say 5 minutes early and 15 minutes after what is scheduled. Try it, I think you'll like it. Never get embarrassed by a ringtone faux pas and never miss a call by forgetting to toggle silent on and off for events.

Ta Haan

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
1)Touch is very good
2) There is no profile setting but u have option when u press volume up or volume down key and drag down oyu have an profile option
3) just restart ur cell phone might be getting late update

thljcl

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Press the volume button, Press the small arrow on the right. Press the "Bell" icon on the left. It would become silent. Press the "silent" icon again to change it back to "bell", it would now ring. Or, just as you suggest, you can just slide the volume slider to turn off the volume.

thljcl

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Personally, I would just turn on Airplane Mode. Which would turn off the cellular network, by default, it would also turn off Wi-Fi, and Blue-Tooth. But Wi-Fi can be re-enabled while Airplane Mode is on. Cellular Network only works when Airplane Mode is off. Also, Airplane Mode button can be put on top of the Action Center, which can be activated by sliding down the screen from top to bottom. You can put four buttons on top of action buttons, out of 12 options on my phone. One of them is camera, which compensates the lack of camera button on this phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa