How to select text in Internet Explorer & copy to clipbord?

Lumiapprentice

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Just broken away from Android but struggling to find how the select and copy function works with Internet Explorer on the Lumia 535. Funny thing is, I loaded Opera in frustration, and the normal select and copy to clipboard function works fine with that basic beta browser. Just need a quick pointer please.

Lumiapprentice

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Many thanks for that speedy pointer! That help page never showed up in my searches for copy & paste for Lumia. The first of the two methods (highlight and copy text) works fine now I have the hang of the required tap speed, but the second method (tap and hold) won't bring up the delete/copy/forward menu no matter how I try and do it. I can manage ok with just the highlight/copy method but I wonder why the menu method isn't working. Could it be another manifestation of the dreaded touch problem being experienced by others?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
The second only works if you can not highlight the part.
Try it with a SMS message.
But this function does not always work.
If I use it in a email in a header or the one who sent the mail I only get the option copy.

Anyhow it not a touch problem.

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Well I see that your questions are answered. So what I can do is to welcome you to the windows phone world. I hope that your new Lumia will satisfy your needs.

If you ever have any questions just ask them :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3