Can we get screen changed under warranty?

Ali Akbar 7

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
The Lumia 535 is having the touch issues.Can i take it to to nokia care and replace the screen due to the problem?Will that change the problem?As i heard that some devices which was sold recently did not had that problem?So,doses replacing screen can take care of the issue?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe Nokia is handling warranty repair for the 535.

I sent mine into Microsoft for the multitouch-keypad bug and it was returned "no problem found-software updated"
When I checked the firmware level it was the same as it was when sent to them.

The phone updated after I started it and accomplished a hard reset.
It remains disappointingly buggy.

Lesson learned.

Good luck!

Justin_wp

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I am one of the lucky

Update: Finding Service: Touch screen changed and resettlement software!
- 2 sensors are now visible at the top of the screen
- recognizes five points on the screen
Thanks Microsoft!

I recommend this phone Lumia 535!

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
yes they change it under warranty but it's quite complicated. Mine was repaired by Nokia-MS Care in France. It really depends on where you live. Plus even in France the process is tricky, I had to whine on the former Nokia discussions forum, a moderator asked my IMEI by PM, and then the Care did their job. Other guys having followed the same weird process got their screen replaced.

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
You can't remove the phantom touch issue present on the early 535s no matter how many times you replace the screen since there's a flaw in the design/architecture itself. That's why they rehashed the lineup with the 540.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
You can't remove the phantom touch issue present on the early 535s no matter how many times you replace the screen since there's a flaw in the design/architecture itself. That's why they rehashed the lineup with the 540.

You're wrong. My first touchpanel had that ghost issue, no more than 2 fingers recognised correctly in multitouch test, and only if not closer than 1cm from each other.

With the new touchpanel, up to 5 fingers recognised. And it's clearly a new version of touchpanel because the proximity sensors are now always visible, unlike with the original touchpanel.

So sorry, but you are wrong. Microsoft know how to repair their 535.

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
You're wrong. My first touchpanel had that ghost issue, no more than 2 fingers recognised correctly in multitouch test, and only if not closer than 1cm from each other.

With the new touchpanel, up to 5 fingers recognised. And it's clearly a new version of touchpanel because the proximity sensors are now always visible, unlike with the original touchpanel.

So sorry, but you are wrong. Microsoft know how to repair their 535.

Then the customer support here were simply screwing with me, weren't they? Damn, gotta pay 'em a visit.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Probably. Look at this thread, I've posted, before/after pics (where you can see the touchpanel is different) and before/after videos showing how my 535 now acts as expected :

* 535 before repair : http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-535/331929-10.htm#post3064362
* 535 after repair, proximity sensors are now visible without any effort : http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-535/331929-10.htm#post3064296
* Finally, my video, like Justin's one above, showing before/after : Lumia 535 touchscreen issue fixed (before/after repair) - vid?o dailymotion

Where do you live? Checking that other thread (where links above point to) will show you if other people have succeeded in getting their 535 repaired by Nokia/microsoft Care.

Good luck ;)

MaverickShevy

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Justin forgot to mention something in this thread. his phone wasn't repaired by microsoft/nokia care, it was depanero(local repair company) where he had warranty from seller

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3