Who's getting the 640XL

Gaz_oiD

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Definitely getting that 640XL can't wait to get off this 635. The 640 XL basically has everything I want 3000 mah battery, pureview camera with flash and a 5mp front camera. Can't wait for tmobile to give a release date

It's not a pure view camera is it?? I don't think it is??

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I love cricket! I switched from att 2 years ago and haven't looked back. I'm saving 50$ a month and have more data. I'll be waiting for cricket to offer the new handsets.

The only issue that I have with Cricket is no Internet sharing, I won't be with them much longer simply because of that. Another three weeks and I can get the unlock code for my 1320.

Hopefully I can find an unlocked 640XL from a source other than an American carrier.

anon(5061193)

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I am very excited about the 640XL... It seems like the perfect phone for me. I don't want to get caught up in all the "Flagship" specs. For what I do with the phone it seems perfect. I have made the switch from my IPad and MacBook Air to the Surface Pro 3 and the correct windows phone will complete the transition.

I am worried a little because I didn't like the HTC M8. I can not say exactly why. Most people thought that it was a great phone. But. I am determined to keep trying phones until I find the one that works best for me.

Do we have any idea of a release date and which carriers in the US are going to carry it???

Last edited by a moderator:

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm tempted. I hope that Windows 10 will have a Google Voice app/client.

The 640 XL looks very nice.

However, a used 1520 for maybe $50 more may be a better option for me.

Last edited:

Kanishka

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
in terms of the image quality the camera can produce, and processing speed.
do you think this is a good replacement for a Lumia 920?

the Qi capability has not yet been determined but if I could get this for less than $300 unlocked, dual sim, lte
it could be a great mid range phone to hold me over until a flagship finally surfaces.

thoughts on if its worth replacing a L920 with it? (my 920 still works fine, its just aging, and a lot slower than the current phone market)

Andreas

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Placed an order for a white one last week but now im getting confused regarding the colors.

I thought the white was only available as matte but according to the article on the first page it seems there is also glossy version. Pre-order specs just says "white" so I might change to a black just to be 100% sure I get a matte version.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I love the 1520 but Thinking about getting the 640XL on ATT. Nice camera, all the features in the display (double tap, glance, clearblack, sunlight enhancement), long battery life (13h on wifi, 23h on 3G), light weight (171g (same as 6 plus, 35g lighter than 1520), decent specs.

griesmonkey

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
The problem is deciding between the 1520 and the new 640XL. Used and older 1520 although STILL better spec'd than the new 640 XL. A new 640XL will get you a subscription of office 365 for a year, which I may do anyway. Decisions...

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I'll be getting the 640XL. I was initially hesitant about this as the true successor to my L1320, when I heard the name 640.. But the specs and features speak for themselves. This is in fact the successor. I think Microsoft is realigning their lineup and doing away with Nokia's way. So long story short, I'm getting this as soon as its available in my region. Only bummer is that it has a slightly smaller screen size than my 1320. Ain't no way I'm going back to a small screen device now.. Lol.
Dancing on the rings of Saturn. L1320

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077