Gave up on the 640 XL

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Release. Is one thing...actually available to customers is quite another. How long ago was the 640xl announced and we are still in the dark about it's availability and what carriers will have it.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Ridiculous that they can't learn from their mistakes. Same story with the Lumia 830. It was announced and didn't come out on ATT for 4 months....,

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE: "Maybe it wasn't mean to be"

Some interesting new developments. I received both The Zenfone 2 (2GB variant) and LG G2 yesterday. Both are nice phones, I like the Zenfone 2's back cover better as the LG G2 is typical glossy plastic. Both phone are very close in overall performance, both are snappy and don't seem to lag. Apparently if you're a hard core gamer the Zenfone 2 would be the better choice as there is a detailed comparison of the 2GB Zenfone 2 vs the LG G2 running CPU intensive games. I won't go into a review as this is not an Android forum, however I will say I chose to keep the LG G2, as I liked (yes, liked, read on) the smaller overall footprint of the phone and even with a case (to cover that cheap looking fingerprint prone back cover) I believe it would still be smaller overall than the Zenfone 2. Last night I called my nephew and told him to stop up the house (he's less than a mile away), and gave him his new Zenfone 2 as a surprise gift. He lost his phone about two weeks ago. He was thrilled!

Ok, so why did I said I liked (past tense) the smaller footprint of the LG G2? Well this morning on my way to work I stopped off to get a coffee and use the john (the urinals were occupied). I know you know where this is going..... plop, into the toilet!!!! UGGGGGGG!!!!! Are you kidding me????????? The clerk gave me a pair of rubber gloves and I.. went in! I of course, put the phone right in the sink and ran hot water and soap all over it. I then put it in a plastic bag and put it in my glove compartment, where it sits. There is no way I will use the phone again, even if it turns on, after it was sitting in a public toilet for 5 minutes, I won't even try.

So this is my story of how the lack of availability of the 640 XL caused me to buy two phones, and yet I'm back where I started. Carma from the Windows Gods?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans