Went to AT&T to check out XL, sales guy says "Windows Sucks"

Status
Not open for further replies.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Went to the local AT&T shop to check out the Lumia 640 XL. As I'm holding it playing around a store sales guy walks up behind me and says verbatim:

"You don't want to get that phone. Windows sucks. The app store is a joke"

Didn't say "Can I help you?" Or "Do you have a question?" Just that it sucks...

Maybe I am someone that doesn't care about apps, but he immediately bashes it before learning my needs.

Great support from AT&T selling the phones....

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You should report him to his manager with a quickness. Get it on the record and don't keep it to yourself. He doesn't need to be there or at the very least, it will put something in his employment jacket. I'm serious.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
You should report him to his manager with a quickness. Get it on the record and don't keep it to yourself. He doesn't need to be there or at the very least, it will put something in his employment jacket. I'm serious.

Yea I think I'm going to call the store and see if I can do that. I had to leave after his rant because my crying newborn was not cooperating! Haha

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I love it when we know more than they do, I like to play games with them ask them all the hard question you know they not going to figure out. He'll last time at Verizon I had 3 sales rep working on my question! Were do I hook up the wireless charging to the phone "really"

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Although not as bad, I had AT&T's Digital Life security system installed and when the installer was done, he was giving me a quicky demo of how it all works. He showed me the app on his Ipad, which was cool with me but I use a 1520 and had the app installed. When I whipped out my phone he recoiled as if I picked a fresh one from my nose. "Oh, I don't know how it works on Windows phones". And all I could think of what just how low the intellectual curiosity level of these so-called " technicians" they put between us an our computers is unreal. It works the same way on ALL platforms. Idiots.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
I just wanted to let you know that that attitude is not all prevalent for all AT&T RSCs. Especially not me, since I just bought a 640XL for the hell of it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Was he sporting skinny jeans and a fauxhawk? Pop culture is like a bad recipe that people convince each other is good and pass around until the whole world is eating ****. I'd love to hear his eloquent logic regarding the suckiness of Windows

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I work at tmobile and use an m8 for windows. All day long all I hear is people trash talking windows. Really annoys me.

Hang in there mate :D Maybe WP will turn out to be a bust someday or maybe it won't. If it does become a bust, we'll be considered rebels for trying, if it doesn't, we'll be the ones laughing xd

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
The song "Pop Culture" by Icon For Hire describes this situation perfectly.
Most of them have never used Windows Phone, they diss it because society does. It's the 'norm' and heaven forbid an AT&T technician deviates from the norm by not owning either an iPhone or a Samsung.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Carrier employees are supposed to be brand agnostic, but never are. When I got my Android device, the rep was trying to talk me into an iPhone with his "I'll make you an iPhone convert yet!" stuff.

It just is what it is. When you buy a smartphone, you "choose sides" - that whole mind set is ridiculous.

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Went to the local AT&T shop to check out the Lumia 640 XL. As I'm holding it playing around a store sales guy walks up behind me and says verbatim:

"You don't want to get that phone. Windows sucks. The app store is a joke"

Didn't say "Can I help you?" Or "Do you have a question?" Just that it sucks...

Maybe I am someone that doesn't care about apps, but he immediately bashes it before learning my needs.

Great support from AT&T selling the phones....

Funny thing is....

When I walked into a Tmobile store, they recommended the 640 over all the other Android phones at that range. They stated it was the most non "prone to problems and slowness" in the future, lol.

anon(9140902)

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
You should contact AT&T as well as the manager of the store. Salespeople represent whatever company they work for.

If that salesperson doesn't show any interest in a product that the company is selling, there's absolutely no reason for that person to be employed by AT&T.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
When I bought my first WP, the LG Quantum, had a small issue and brought it to my local ATT. They wondered how I got it, and they didn't even have it in the store yet. They all wanted to see it...how times have changed.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
To be frank, people often feel the need to proactively bash something when they feel a little threatened by it. Lumias in particular have been the sharpest-looking, most elegant smartphone line on the market for several years now. Not to mention the highest quality, from build to camera. Simply peruse the comments section of any Android blog and see how many people have been clamoring for WP hardware running Android.

Couple that with the modern beauty of the WP interface and it gives pop culture bandwagoners a good jolt of "man that thing is sweet, better reassert how cool I am for being like everybody else."

I personally have no problem bluntly retorting any such WP bashing, including those coming from supposed "techs" and sales reps. I know what I have in my midst is superior because I've learned the competition instead of blindly dismissing it.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

"You don't want to get that phone. Windows sucks.

Just ask him if you can talk to a salesperson who doesn't suck.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
If that salesperson doesn't show any interest in a product that the company is selling, there's absolutely no reason for that person to be employed by AT&T.
Careful now. Speaking for those who don't do business with AT&T I would rather have AT&T be paying him than my taxes going for his welfare and food stamps and multiple free LifeLine cell phones.

Wait a minute. Maybe that's what MS should do, offer the govt Lumias for the LifeLine program for 10 cents a unit less than what ever they get now. Since individuals can easily get a dozen phones from that program, WP will vault to first in market share overnight!

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Careful now. Speaking for those who don't do business with AT&T I would rather have AT&T be paying him than my taxes going for his welfare and food stamps and multiple free LifeLine cell phones.

Wait a minute. Maybe that's what MS should do, offer the govt Lumias for the LifeLine program for 10 cents a unit less than what ever they get now. Since individuals can easily get a dozen phones from that program, WP will vault to first in market share overnight!

I thought they should target that market a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3