640 vs. 640 XL

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Also I was really looking to go for the 640 but I expected the screen size to be smaller than 5".I need compact phones which sit well in the pocket and hands.

tushar_kp

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Lens size should have been a little bigger for better low light performance. Front camera should have been the ability to capture 1080p videos

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
If they're not going to give us a dedicated camera button, they could at least give us an option where for still pictures we can use one of the volume buttons as a shutter.

anon(9152079)

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
If they're not going to give us a dedicated camera button, they could at least give us an option where for still pictures we can use one of the volume buttons as a shutter.

Totally agree, still don't understand why nobody does this. It's so simple that it could be in a software update as an option.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
No Dedicated Camera Button that is my only real complaint. Easier to hold phone steady/focus and push down on the camera button then it is to Tap on the screen and become unsteady / lose focus on objects etc. Just will have to adjust to things once I get the phone.

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Totally agree, still don't understand why nobody does this.

Be careful what you wish for. :) Have you tried using a camera on an android phone? Press both the power and volume-down buttons at the same time.

Insanely difficult to do. Love that third button on the higher-end Lumias. My old 520 has it and that's going to be a must-have for my next phone. Really had my fingers crossed for it on the 640. Hoped msoft would have seen the errors of their ways with the 535, 635 etc. Bummer, knew I should expect too much from them.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
The XL is the way to go imo...

3000 mah battery, 13mp rear camera, 5 mp camera in the front, and a 5.7 inch screen. Why bother with weaker features on the 640? Battery life and camera trumps all for me

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I rarely used my physical button on my 920. I found the effort required to press the button always made the shot move and come out worse than using the screen button.

But I always used it for quick launch - that needs improving for sure.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I rarely used my physical button on my 920. I found the effort required to press the button always made the shot move and come out worse than using the screen button.

But I always used it for quick launch - that needs improving for sure.

I know the shot moves when you press the camera button but after a little practice this doesn't bother me anymore.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't think there's any significant value of a dedicated camera button other than it is useful to launch the camera app. I have never used the camera buttons on my L925 because pictures came out blurry so I never used it.

I think the choice between 640 and 640XL will boil down to usability and user preference for screen size. Some people would want the 5" and others the 5.7" but I see more people are going to buy the 640XL because of its size and bigger battery capacity. I myself is considering the 640XL.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
For me it's high PPI vs Zeiss optics. The 640 has a very attractive 297 PPI vs the XL's 254. However the XL does have a better main camera.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I think I may have finally found the phone I will replace my (excellent) 820 with. I am surprised that it is a 6XXphone replacing a 8XX phone; but the features and the PRICE is excellent. I just hope it dosen't get lost in the Microsoft shuffle, if you know what I mean. It will be nice to finally have a phone with a screen bigger than my wife's 925. Got a feeling she may want to replace her 925 also. Maybe with a XL; but even if she does I will stick with the regular 640. Another selling point for me is it uses a micro sim and as I love to switch between phones I require all my phones to use the same size sim. It was one of the reasons I never got a 830, apart from the awfull high price of the 830.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism