[L640] It's finally here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
You me and a bunch of other people are waiting for that question to be answered. I go by the Windows store and two company AT&T stores on my way home every day and drop by every now and then. But nothing is in the wind. But my 820 is still as good and faithfull as the day I got it two years ago. I just hope the 640/640XL is worth an sidegrade/slightupgrade. If not I'll stay with the 820 for awhile longer.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Me waiting too...

I shouldn't start any rumors here.
When the wife wanted to stop at the Homegoods store near here I moseyed over to the large T-Mobile place in the same parking lot and queried them.
The very helpful dood in there said a number of customers had been asking about it.

He said look for it after this weekend...I just grinned and looked around for a few minutes then went to Safeway and bought beer.
So there ya go more vagueness about a release day :)

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I predict it gets released the day before the next flagship... Well done, Microsoft... Bravo.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
It is bizarre for MS to keep the US waiting for one of their products/services. Wonder what's going on there? The norm is for products to get launched/tank in the US then get launched in other countries.

RippyD

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
New here. The lack of info about these phone in the U.S. is curious and frustrating. I need a new phone. I'll give it another couple of weeks and will do something else. Look at how Apple does a phone release. Then look at this. See the difference? Not sure what Microsoft is thinking or why they think the lack of specificity is good for them. This seems particularly bad given their market position relative to Apple and Android phones. You'd think they'd be sure to get this one right.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
New here. The lack of info about these phone in the U.S. is curious and frustrating. I need a new phone. I'll give it another couple of weeks and will do something else. Look at how Apple does a phone release. Then look at this. See the difference? Not sure what Microsoft is thinking or why they think the lack of specificity is good for them. This seems particularly bad given their market position relative to Apple and Android phones. You'd think they'd be sure to get this one right.
MS always limits their product launches to specific territories. Just this time, it's not US first. Maybe they don't reckon there's a big enough demand in the US for these?

RippyD

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
MS always limits their product launches to specific territories. Just this time, it's not US first. Maybe they don't reckon there's a big enough demand in the US for these?
That's a good guess and seems plausible. However I think they had an opportunity to grow market share with a predictable release and some good reviews. I also went into my local T-Mobile store last week to ask about it. The response was "What's a 640? You mean the 635? It's backordered." Perhaps more of a T-Mobile issue than an MS one, but still not good.

Vans Stygma

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I lost my lovely 920 and need some new phone (im using some android cheap **** and hate it with all my heart).
Why MS is taking so long? I wanna wait 2 weeks more, if not, i sadly going to buy a Blu Win HD LTE (Its cheap and 410 soc).

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I lost my lovely 920 and need some new phone (im using some android cheap **** and hate it with all my heart).
Why MS is taking so long? I wanna wait 2 weeks more, if not, i sadly going to buy a Blu Win HD LTE (Its cheap and 410 soc).

Same here, I broke my 635 vrecently and could not hold out for a week so I bought another 635. I actually am waiting but my patience are running out. We maybe in the minority, but for **** sake can we have a fixed date!! It was announced at the beginning of the month last month, Tmobile teased us with a trailer that same week, and to this day as we get close to May, there's still NOTHING.
I called Tmobile today and they had no clue as expected. I was hoping they'd spill the beans. Where is Several Potatoes! He works for Tmobile!!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Same here, I broke my 635 vrecently and could not hold out for a week so I bought another 635. I actually am waiting but my patience are running out. We maybe in the minority, but for **** sake can we have a fixed date!! It was announced at the beginning of the month last month, Tmobile teased us with a trailer that same week, and to this day as we get close to May, there's still NOTHING.
I called Tmobile today and they had no clue as expected. I was hoping they'd spill the beans. Where is Several Potatoes! He works for Tmobile!!
Just wanted to let you and everyone else on T-mobile know that you can order one now by calling 1-877-426-2014
That number is from the product page on the T-mobile site for the phone!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Interesting, that's good to know. I thought that something changed, because that wasn't there when I looked at the page on Sunday.

Edit: I called the number and as jdballard said, it's just for any phone. The rep was able to find the phone but not the release date. Said that existing customers would have first pick when it comes out to order, but that's not really news. The wait is on...

Last edited:

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, that's good to know. I thought that something changed, because that wasn't there when I looked at the page on Sunday

I saw the banner this morning and got my hopes up until I looked at another phone and saw it there, too. Thanks for calling and verifying, though. I wish they'd just release the thing already!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
They won't cough anything up on Twitter either.
I whined to them 2 days ago and got a generic "monitor new releases@yadayada-blah-blah..."
Amazing how no one at T-Mobile knows anything even when the device is showing on their website.

Such a BS way to run a business in my opinion.
Tease and torture your customers.

I probably won't buy this from T-Mobile anyway.

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Why is it that the USA gets very few Windows Phones and often well after other parts of the world? We're still one of the largest markets in the world and despite the market share there are lots of WP owners here. Is it because the inherently evil carriers rule everything? I think MS could make headlines and reap the rewards by offering all of their phones unlocked and purchase direct only--no dealers and no carriers in the way. They get nothing from the carriers and almost nothing from other dealers anyway, so it couldn't be worse than now. The best place to find Windows Phones around here is WalMart, and then only the 635 at the moment. The AT&T stores might or might not have one on display in the back somewhere, usually a GoPhone as a last ditch sale if someone is prepared to walk when they realize how the 2-year contract is going to vacuum out their bank account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss