Which should I get the BLU Win HD LTE VS. MICROSOFT LUMIA 640?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: BLU Win HD LTE VS. MICROSOFT LUMIA 640

That is a tough call... BLU Win HD LTE vs. Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE Dual SIM - GSMArena.com

I'd give an edge to Lumia 640 LTE on screen (GG3 and ClearBlack), and Camera (although the HD LTE is said to be better in the camera than 1st gen HD) and Lumia Firmware (notably Glance, 2-tap-wake, camera lenses)

But that SoC upgrade to SD410 looks nice and the styling on the Blu is arguably better. I drove the 1st gen Win HD for two weeks and it is a worthy brand. The lack of any sort of firmware made it seem fast for its class... I think the HD LTE gets just a light Firmware touch around the camera and screen.

I think I'd wait for some more hands on reviews in detail before deciding... Look for camera comparisons and screen clarity tests to find out which side of the fence to land on... It looks that close that it comes down to individual priorities.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Oh sorry, I don't know that blu has released a second one....

No worries, they announced it earlier this week.

​Back on topic, that is a tough call, which is actually a good thing (wish there was a tough call with the high-end phones...). In terms of further updates though, Lumia all the way. Though, the biggest differences is the front facing camera (HD has a 2 MP, vs 640's 1 MP), Processor (HD's SD 410 vs 640's SD 400) and removable battery (HD doesn't have while the 640 does). That could be the deal breaker right there, but either way, you're going to get a nice phone. :)

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site

I wanted to switch to Windows phone, but Microsoft waits too long before actually releasing a phone. By the time the 640 is actually released, they'll be announcing the 650 with win 10 or something.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I wanted to switch to Windows phone, but Microsoft waits too long before actually releasing a phone. By the time the 640 is actually released, they'll be announcing the 650 with win 10 or something.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

I'm not hearing any 650 yet...

Unless you count the Treo 650 on my desk over there...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Is there a huge difference of the speed performance of the BLU and the 640? How about the dispay?

The SoC difference may seem marginal, but many of the differences between the two phones are very slim.

Early reviews of HD LTE seem to indicate the 410 IS a noticeable upgrade. However that 640 gets probably the same margin of victory in display. The screen size, resolution, IPS tech and pixel density are identical, but 640 gets ClearBlack which is something appreciable. Blu really seems to have gone after the solid middle class of phone user here.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Wait and see 640 pricing? The Blu sounds good to me though. SD410 was more responsive according to Daniel's preview here. My 830 definitely is held back by the 400 so anything to help in that area is a good thing. It will get WP10. And does look nice. Only you know what is important to you though.

Elitewolf

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site

Yea for me I would like good battery life and a decent rear camera. But overall It will come down to price for me, and at the moment were not sure how much Microsoft will charge for the Lumia 640 in the states. If it's a big difference then I might go with the Blu.

Last edited:

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

The camera would be the deal breaker for me--so far Blu cameras have not impressed reviewers. Also, 640 is not yet available in North America that I am aware of.

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

Personally, I'm planning on supporting the cause and going for the BLU WIN HD LTE. But really, I haven't been a fan of Nokia since 2010. So, I would always go against the grain. Plus there's a promised upgrade to Windows 10 on BLU already and not to mention all the goodies they include with their products.

Chacko Mathai

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site

I think I'll wait for the reviews, but I think I will lean for the 640 ( glance screen, from Microsoft, and compatibility wifi calling with tmo)

Sergiusz Jasper

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site

I have a similar question but adding one more phone to the comparison Nokia 830 I do agree it's priced little higher but is it worthy cos my first choice is the new BLU mainly cos of price.
So BLU vs 640 vs nokia 830

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3