Should I get the Lumia 640?

nTrud3r

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I've been using Android for some time now. I had WP7.5 once upon a time and it was awful, but I really like the things they have added to WP8.1 and seen as Windows 10 for Phones will be "the same" as Windows 10 I want to move my phone over to WP so everything is "streamlined". I also want to get a WP because of the rumoured Android app compatibility (no Clash of Clans for WP)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I dont see why not. If you think its a good value for money and know what you're getting (and looked at potential other models), why not?

Its not going to run Android apps verbatim. What MS did was make is easier to port Android and iOS apps to Windows.

nTrud3r

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I dont see why not. If you think its a good value for money and know what you're getting (and looked at potential other models), why not?

Its not going to run Android apps verbatim. What MS did was make is easier to port Android and iOS apps to Windows.

Now all I have to do is wait until October 4th (my b-day)

Flooney

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't switch. Android is the better ecosystem. More Apps, stabil Apps and everything is just better. Had an Lumia 640 for almost two weeks and it was just awful.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend getting a device based upon what apps or features it is rumored to get. My recommendation would be to keep what you have now and get something new if it has the apps or features you want when you buy it. You can always get the 640 at a later point, or get a different device.

It is always best to get what works best for you now, rather than wait and hope features or apps become available.

If nothing new appeals to you now, or you don't have any pressing need to get a new device, you can always wait and see what becomes available at a later point and buy a new device when the one you really like, that meets your needs best, is finally released.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I got a 640 last week, and while its better than the 630 I had.I do kina wish I had held out another 6 months or a year to see what kind of features windows 10 brings, looks like the 640 won't be able to handle many of the advanced features.Although it is a great low to mid range phone for the price on par with the more expensive 730/830 phones

Nam3d

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Manus I had the same feeling when I saw Build, although I quickly was happy again but my switch was high due, still had an Lumia 800 :). So for me this is a great upgrade, and to be honest the anticipation of what windows 10 will bring sure makes having the phone more interesting. If it is going to be disappointing or not we will see but it is sure fun anticipating what's to come, and if successful the second rollout of native windows 10 phones will be available to upgrade.

nTrud3r I would definitely wait with deciding till closer till your birthday to see the developments since a lot can happen till October. But speaking for myself I'm very happy so far with the L640, as a simple phone user.

JRF_1986

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
It is always best to get what works best for you now, rather than wait and hope features or apps become available.

This. Otherwise it could lead a bitter experience and you'd feel unsatisfied with your change.
If you wait, you'd be more certain of the change and you'd be able to actually see just how streamlined it will be. Also, you'd be more certain that the apps you want/need are actually there. October is still a while away, but time flies.

Pavstar619

May 4, 2015
Visit site
This. Otherwise it could lead a bitter experience and you'd feel unsatisfied with your change.
If you wait, you'd be more certain of the change and you'd be able to actually see just how streamlined it will be. Also, you'd be more certain that the apps you want/need are actually there. October is still a while away, but time flies.

This. I was gonna wait till Windows 10 came. Sadly, I had no smartphones on me since I sold my last Android(low-range). So instead of waiting, I ended up getting a Lumia 640XL. I was gonna get the Xperia C3 Dual but it was out-of-stock :eck:
Anyway, I was so screwed up the first few days of using it that I just wanted to sell it!!! But after a few weeks I ended up liking it although I'm an Android Power User and XDA custom ROMer(is that even a real word? lol).
Few things I don't necessarily like are the Audio Enhancments cause they suck on WP 8.1 (I used Viper4Android be4) and some Wi-Fi issues(Alot of pplz have it on 8.1 :shocked:). Otherwise I'm killing 6 hours a day playing gameboy advance games on my VBA8 Emulator and watching another 6 hours of movies lol

xoxoxo5000

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Not unless you will be using the windows platform and are already familiar with it, then this phone will be a waste of money, time and will be a huge headache for you boo! Heed the warning windows phone are not user friendly and are definitely not for 1st time android users, unless you use this platform wither it be for school or work an u want a smart phone that won't break the bank then this is your golden ticket baby you will love it but for example u had a LG L90 an u go get the 640 lollll!! Best of luck to ya baby cuz ur gona wanna throw that ish through the 1st window you see this is just my experience with ppl going from android to android on a regular basis also knowing abt this device as well as all the top smartphones that are out on the market hope this helped; )

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not unless you will be using the windows platform and are already familiar with it, then this phone will be a waste of money, time and will be a huge headache for you boo! Heed the warning windows phone are not user friendly and are definitely not for 1st time android users, unless you use this platform wither it be for school or work an u want a smart phone that won't break the bank then this is your golden ticket baby you will love it but for example u had a LG L90 an u go get the 640 lollll!! Best of luck to ya baby cuz ur gona wanna throw that ish through the 1st window you see this is just my experience with ppl going from android to android on a regular basis also knowing abt this device as well as all the top smartphones that are out on the market hope this helped; )

My name is xandros9 and I am here to state that I am calling this post for the most part, false.

Not saying nobody has had a bad experience, or Windows Phone is for everyone, but that this post's absolute-ness renders it false. Like claiming all Android phones are laggy and malware infested, which is also a mostly false claim.

Opinions you know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3