Lumia 640 Protective Cases

Pilgrimtozion

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for a protective case for my new Lumia 640. Anybody have good experiences with any? Having trouble finding ones online with any reviews or enough reviews to mean something.

Thanks for your help! I got a clear one but it doesn't fit quite properly.

FancyFreddy

May 19, 2015
Visit site
So, the clear Fosmon case is nice but picks up/displays how dirty your hands are. I've had it on my 640 for a week now and its easy to clean, but, don't be affraid to clean your case regularly.

Mine started to yellow a bit already and some simple green and dish soap did the trick.

Pilgrimtozion

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
So, the clear Fosmon case is nice but picks up/displays how dirty your hands are. I've had it on my 640 for a week now and its easy to clean, but, don't be affraid to clean your case regularly.

Mine started to yellow a bit already and some simple green and dish soap did the trick.

How is the protective lip on the front? Does it sufficiently stand out to protect the screen?

JeLLozTime

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Just put a screen protector on it. I've had 5 I think Lumia's and never had a case. Sure they get scratched but they can take a pounding and it looks way better without one!

smogz

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I just bought this. Microsoft original flip case. As I understand it it replaces the original cover with a less slippery more rubbery case with a flip lid.

Microsoft cc3089 . Sorry cannot link yet. To few postings.

Pilgrimtozion

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I just bought this. Microsoft original flip case. As I understand it it replaces the original cover with a less slippery more rubbery case with a flip lid.

Microsoft cc3089 . Sorry cannot link yet. To few postings.

I'm still intrigued how you would take a picture with that...

smogz

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I don't understand the question. How would that be a problem? There is an opening for the lens and flash on it an you can open the flip lid. I don't see a problem.

Pilgrimtozion

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand the question. How would that be a problem? There is an opening for the lens and flash on it an you can open the flip lid. I don't see a problem.

What do you do with the lip lid? Does it just dangle there as you take a picture? You cannot wrap it around the back since the flip lid doesn't have an opening for the camera...right?

smogz

May 16, 2015
Visit site
There are thousands of protective cases for mobiles with lids. Never heard of anyone that has a problem taking pictures caused by the lid. Think it just dangles.

smogz

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Probably get mine today. Can review it later. Ordered it just to get the rubbery shell instead of the shiny slippery original one. If the lid is bad but the shell is good I might cut it off.

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
There are thousands of protective cases for mobiles with lids. Never heard of anyone that has a problem taking pictures caused by the lid. Think it just dangles.

Point taken. But how do you fit a case with a lid in a car mount if you want to use the navigation?

smogz

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Got it a couple of hours ago so I don't have any more than first impressions. But the shell is not exactly rubbery, but a bit textured and definitely less slippery. The lid builds at lest one mm. I'm not sure if I like to have a lid or not. I will try it a couple of days and if it sucks I will cut it away and just use the case.

I wonder how long it will take for another supplier to recognize the possibility to make a cover that replaces the old one, not just snaps on outside it. Preferably in metal or an even rubbery plastic.

vkakouras

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I've seen this one that I like at Amazon several days now but I don't see any reviews from buyers yet..
Microsoft Lumia 640 Case, Cimo [Wave] Premium Slim TPU Flexible Soft Case for Microsoft Lumia 640 - Black
by Cimo

Pilgrimtozion

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

I ordered one for my wife and me yesterday. I'll let you know how we like them when they arrive! :)

Lilla45

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
When buying a case for 640, one thing to consider is this: A disadvantage of 640 design (speaker on back) is that the sound is blocked/muffled when you lay the phone down, display side up, on a desk/table or other flat surface. One way to fix that is to put the phone in a case that has ridges on the back that hold the phone up off desk/table surface enough that the sound can escape. For example:
Amazon.com: Lumia 640 Case, E-Time (TM) Microsoft Lumia 640 Armor Series - Heavy Duty Dual Layer Holster Case Kick Stand with Locking Belt Swivel Clip + Free Ultra-sensitive Stylus Pen (BLACK/BLACK): Cell Phones & Accessories

Example #2, for 640, might be better than the one above.
Amazon.com: CASEFORMERS Duo Armor for Microsoft Lumia 640 Combo Case with Stand and Holster - BLACK: Cell Phones & Accessories
Note. They make a similar case for the 640 XL that I am considering for my 640 XL when I get it.

I'm planning on buying 640XL when they are available here,
Lilla

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99