Has anyone tried Modern Combat 5 for the 640?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I really want to get this phone (despite having a 635) and Modern Combat 5 is the determining factor. Despite being a high-end Windows Phone, my Icon (even after multiple hard resets) runs this game poorly and laggy. I am guessing it is definitely app optimization (of course, it is Gameloft...), but I played it on an Windows M8 and it performed fine. I know these are higher-end phones, but I was wondering has anyone played Modern Combat 5 on the 640, and was it laggy or smooth?

I will buy this phone JUST to play that game on since it performs so badly on my Icon...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I really want to get this phone (despite having a 635) and Modern Combat 5 is the determining factor. Despite being a high-end Windows Phone, my Icon (even after multiple hard resets) runs this game poorly and laggy. I am guessing it is definitely app optimization (of course, it is Gameloft...), but I played it on an Windows M8 and it performed fine. I know these are higher-end phones, but I was wondering has anyone played Modern Combat 5 on the 640, and was it laggy or smooth?

I will buy this phone JUST to play that game on since it performs so badly on my Icon...

Weird. It ran fine on my 920, which isn't too different from the guts in the 640 benchmarkwise.

I would sooner think something's up with your Icon.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Weird. It ran fine on my 920, which isn't too different from the guts in the 640 benchmarkwise.

I would sooner think something's up with your Icon.

Interesting. I tried it on my 920 (with Windows 10) and it ran horribly. I will try to install Windows Phone 8.1 back on my 920 and see. As far as my Icon goes, I've heard reports of it running poorly from others on their Icon as well (plus the game isn't available on the 930, leading me to believe there is some optimization that needs to be done for 929/930 hardware). Hopefully it runs well on my spare 920, as I tested it on the 640 at AT&T and it ran poorly (as I kind of expected).

I have received emails from Gameloft regarding the ticket I opened for this game with this issue and they said they are aware and working on a fix;

We'll see...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6