Tango now available for AT&T and Canada

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I thought that the garbage (faded) text behind the email compose screen had been fixed, but after closer inspection, it's still there, but not as obvious as it was in the previous version.

At this point, that's my only remaining issue.

vibinvo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
8779 BUG disables Internet Sharing Ability on Lumia 900

Hi everyone,

Just to warn you that the latest update *MIGHT* render your internet sharing (tethering) useless. After doing a lot of digging and not getting an answer I called up my provider (Rogers Canada), and they just received notification from Nokia Canada.

The latest firmware 8779 has a bug which when doing an update disables the function of the internet sharing ability. (Maybe an APN issue?)

He only provided two solutions which was submitted down from Nokia Canada.

1. Do a full PHONE RESET (basically re-install all my apps, my contacts, accounts all over again).

2. Using the Zune software to Restore to Previous Version (downgrading back to 8773).

I haven't tried either yet because I really don't want to re-organized all my apps, games, and contacts again. It was a big pain in the butt. Especially if I am not even sure if that is a solution.

If anyone else has encounter this issue with a different solution or has tried any of the above, please share.

pgoth

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
BTW: Not according to Nokia support...

Jason

Just want to informed you, the update that you receive on your device is not a Windows Tango update. It is only an update provided on the 7.5 software version.

PETER GOTH

The update was supposed to be Tango

Jason

Oh, for software update like Tango or etc., it is not yet available of Nokia Lumia phones.

Jason

The update that you receive only enhance the feature of the phone.

PETER GOTH

Well the version that is on the phone matches Tango.. 7.10.8779.8

Jason

Oh well, I do understand where you are coming from, but it is not a Tango update.

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
So after the Tango update, I can't stream music over bluetooth audio to my car anymore. It works fine as a bluetooth headset, reads text messages, etc. just no music.

Anyone else have this happen? Phone pairs fine, connects fine, just says there's no bluetooth audio device connected.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I still can't believe that wifi still disconnects after phone goes to sleep. This is totally unbelievable as other devices have a wifi sleepy policy which we can enable or disable if we choose. C'mon Microsoft! WTF?
I agree. And in my unscientific testing, using iHeartRadio to keep WiFi on (it works, really) all the time, it actually saved battery, keeping my LTE connection in a constant low power state. But of course, WiFi on all the time means you use less data, and the Carriers would not stand for that. Wonder how much market share WP will need before Microsoft can tell Carriers to KMA.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

jmedamana

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I attempted to update my Lumia 900 to Tango. I had previously successfully updated the phone's software and synced it with my Mac using Windows Phone 7 connector. When I connected the phone, It received power; however, neither the Mac nor the Windows phone software was able to recognize the device. I subsequently tried to connect the phone to two other Macs and ran into the same problem. I then proceeded to attempt to connect the phone to a PC using the Zune software. Upon connecting to the PC the same problem occurred. I checked the Device Manager on the PC and the Lumia was not listed. After contacting ATT support, and being transferred to Nokia support I have received no solution and my problem has been brought to the attention of a level three support advisor.

Any suggestions on resolving this situation would be greatly appreciated.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I attempted to update my Lumia 900 to Tango. I had previously successfully updated the phone's software and synced it with my Mac using Windows Phone 7 connector. When I connected the phone, It received power; however, neither the Mac nor the Windows phone software was able to recognize the device. I subsequently tried to connect the phone to two other Macs and ran into the same problem. I then proceeded to attempt to connect the phone to a PC using the Zune software. Upon connecting to the PC the same problem occurred. I checked the Device Manager on the PC and the Lumia was not listed. After contacting ATT support, and being transferred to Nokia support I have received no solution and my problem has been brought to the attention of a level three support advisor.

Back up your device
Do a factory reset
Update your device
Restore your device

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Did you change USB cables?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes i've tried multiple usb cables. They all provide power to the phone, but do not allow the phone to be detected by the computer.
Have you tried using another USB port. I have had problems with ports before, refusing to recognize a device. As you have tried multiple cables I assume you know there are USB charging only and USB charging/data cables (more wires). Chances are at least one of those cables was a data cable.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Only did one update, two if you include the update for multiple pictures in a message, which wasn't tango.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss