Seriously WTF? WP8 Sync with Mac 10.6

budbay1

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
First, hello, I'm new here. My name is budbay1 and I would like to try and be a former iOS/Android user. To do this, I picked up the Lumia 920 today. I haven't had a lot of time to play with it but I have major problems.

I have a Mac, with 10.6 on it and the Windows Phone Connect app will only work with 10.7.

I am not able/willing to upgrade to 10.7 just so I can sync my damn phone. Is there any way around this, any other program or a way to get an older version of the connect application so I can sync my pictures and music to my beautiful new Nokia?

This is a deal breaker for me most likely, I just want to be able to plug my phone in and transfer **** over, why is that so difficult to do?

Any help will be super appreciated! Also, I'm so glad I didn't listen to any of the so called "tech experts" and their reviews decrying the 920 for being SO HUGE, SO SLIPPERY. This phone is not that heavy and it is no more difficult to hold onto than any other phone. I don't understand all this *****ing, as many people have said, this phone is no bigger than the typical iphone user you see with a case on their phone.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, it is a Mac, so of course it will run like ****. :D

(Kidding, kidding)

ML runs faster on my MacBook Pro than Snow Leopard did. I don't think that's unique.

jbrandonf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Lumia 920 and I ran into the same problem.. it's saying that my computer is not compatible with the latest version of ML. I'm pissed because I have no way to put my music on my phone. Anybody know of a workaround?

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Are any of your guys' Macs able to run bootcamp? If so, just install a small installation of XP or something. Alternatively trying running a VM.

Edit: Also, is the connector no longer 10.6.6 compatible?

Filipe Borges

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Well, I own a Macbook White Early 2008 and it just won't let me upgrade to Mountain Lion. Do I REALLY nedd to buy a new computer just to fully enjoy my Windows Phone?

konner920

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, stop living in the old ages and just update to mountain lion. Once OS X 10.9 drops everyones gonna start dropping support for snow leopard just like they started dropping leopard support. Mountain Lion runs SO much better than you'd think.

rantanplan1980

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Lumia 920 and I ran into the same problem.. it's saying that my computer is not compatible with the latest version of ML. I'm pissed because I have no way to put my music on my phone. Anybody know of a workaround?

How about using the Finder and then just copy & paste the music on your phone? It doesn't really require any software to sync.

jbrandonf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, stop living in the old ages and just update to mountain lion. Once OS X 10.9 drops everyones gonna start dropping support for snow leopard just like they started dropping leopard support. Mountain Lion runs SO much better than you'd think.

Dude seriously, STFU. Are you gonna give me the upgrade my RAM? If it was as easy as paying for ML then I wouldn't be on here.

Christopher Knapp

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't have the ability to update my computer, I don't own the machine (work computer). But I have all my music on here.

Is there any way I can get it from my computer to the phone? This is crazy to me. My computer is from 2010, not 1910.

workmade

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
@jbrandonf : it only shows up as a drive on Windows. For OSX users its supposed to cause headaches.

@christopher : maybe this will work windows-phone-7-connector or maybe windows-mobile-sync-software

I would also add that IT is completely crazy. Seems like every mobile OS leaves something to be desired. I use OSX (don't like iOS) and I was lured to the world of WP8 from an Android. This is the most beautiful phone I have ever owned; the camera is amazing, I love typing on it, overall its fluid and fast. It just lacks basic common sense in some areas. Why can't I 'select all' text? Why can't I browse files like a human being? Why can't I 'save as' anything that I want to? Why can't I just connect it to any computer and use it as a storage device?

Anyways, hope you get one of those to work!

Kevy Chevy

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Did you ever find an answer? I'm in the same boat. Snow Leopard is rock solid for me - don't want to change to Mountain Lion because some of my tried and true (older) software might have issues. All we want is an older version of the WP8 Updater, right? Anyone!

Brian C Stradale

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I am in the same boat as well.... I find it bewildering that Microsoft is trying to force all us old Mac users to upgrade to the latest and greatest Macs. I have a lot of old Mac hardware that works just fine running 10.6.8... absolutely no reason for me to dump that rock-solid hardware/OS and put more money in Apple's hands EXCEPT to allow me to sync with my WP8 phone.

Wouldn't Microsoft rather I spend that money on a Surface tablet? (If I could sync my phone, particularly Calendar, with my Mac, I'd probably already have a Surface tablet. Instead, I am debating whether I should have bought an iPhone instead.)

So, if anyone knows of a solution, that would be greatly appreciated by many of us out here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3