Podcasts Won't Sync

timd28

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I am loving my new Lumia 920 but am having issues with the Windows Phone app for Mac. I setup the phone but when I try and sync music or podcasts it tells me "could not copy" for every one of my podcasts. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

timd28

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I figured it out for anyone wondering. In the windows phone app, you need to click on file, allow access to folder, and then select the folder with your itunes library in it. After that everything worked perfectly!

DarronDS

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thank you!

TimD30, I really appreciate this thread. I just ran into that problem (and solution, thanks to you!). I signed up for an account for this site specifically to thank you!

Darron

PabloTex

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Timd30,

Yes, thanks very much; this worked like a charm. I, like DarronDS, signed up just to thank you. Love my new Nokia 920 (switched from an iPhone...like to try something new after 5 years!).

Paul

DarronDS

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Timd30,

Yes, thanks very much; this worked like a charm. I, like DarronDS, signed up just to thank you. Love my new Nokia 920 (switched from an iPhone...like to try something new after 5 years!).

Paul

I switched from an iPhone as well, and for the same reason. Something new. I'm having trouble downloading podcasts though. I click subscribe, I click download and nothing happens. I'm able to stream them, but I'd like to download them for later like I used to do on my iPhone. Is this a known issue? Thanks.

Darron

timd28

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Glad I could help guys! Loving my 920 too

Darron, I'm having the same issue as you are with the store. I think this is one of the bugs that needs updating.

morrisonbrett

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the Mac Windows Phone sync, and I allowed access to iPhone folder. It syncs fine. I can select 'Browse Device' and see the podcasts there.

BUT, when I go on the phone under 'Music and Videos' there's NOTHING under Podcasts. Says, "It's lonely in here, add a podcast". I can see the files are on the device, but the app isn't seeing them.

Any workarounds?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3