Syncing Phone with iTiunes using a Mac connected to a NAS

tgallipeau

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a sneaking suspicion my problem is that all my music is stored on a NAS, but I thought I would see if anyone else has tried syncing data with a NAS. I don't think this is specific to a Mac. It seems as if the songs will not sync, the folder structure however is pulled down onto the phone. Anyone else try syncing off external storage?

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Have you resolved this issue? I have just moved my iTunes and iPhoto library onto a NAS drive and the Windows Phone app is having none of it. Initially I moved just the iTunes media and the WP app did what you said - it saw the songs but wouldn't sync any of them. When I moved the iPhoto library, the WP app wouldn't play ball at all and crashed within seconds of pointing it to the new location. I now can't use it. I have deleted the container folder as suggested elsewhere but that doesn't help at all.

Interestingly, my iPad works flawlessly with this setup :-(.

If I boot up Windows 8 my Windows Phone works correctly on this platform - music and videos are pulled across even though they are on an external drive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte