- 01-12-2013, 03:23 PM #1
Hello, it's my first thread here an I hope it's the right place.
I just got an HTC 8x and I'm considering moving from gmail to skydrive/outlook.com/people/etc
But working almost exclusively on a macbook pro i was wondering if there was any way to sync my contacts with apple's Contacts (or any equivalent software) via the cloud.
It is crazy easy with google contacts but it seems to be quite painful to me.
Do you have any advice?
- 01-12-2013, 03:35 PM #2
I do not know of a direct route, but the easiest would probably be to sync the Mac address book with Google;
- Launch Address Book
- Click on the Address Book menu and select Preferences
- Click on the Accounts tab
- Select the On My Mac under the left accounts
- Check the check box accompanying Synchronize with Google
- Click on Configure
- Enter your Google Account login, click OK
- Then click Sync Now from the menubar
- Add the Google account to your 8X
- 01-12-2013, 04:05 PM #4
Unless Apple allows that it's not going to happen. That basically means it's not going to happen. This way you sync your Mac address book with your phone through your Google account.
- By Greek1963 in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 7Last Post: 04-23-2012, 09:31 AM
- By JohnC#WP in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 12-30-2011, 12:53 AM
- By sandmanfvr in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 06-19-2011, 02:18 AM
- By jalb in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 05-31-2011, 11:47 AM
- By win_splash in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 01-05-2011, 10:08 AM