Did anybody get the 7.8 upgrade to work with their Lumia 900 through "Windows Phone for Mac" ?

magictriangle

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Did anybody get the 7.8 upgrade to work with their Lumia 900 through "Windows Phone for Mac" ?

Did anybody get the 7.8 upgrade to work with their Lumia 900 through "Windows Phone for Mac" ? I have tried and tried, but no luck as of yet. Chime in if you got the update using your Mac!

adamdwright

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Did anybody get the 7.8 upgrade to work with their Lumia 900 through "Windows Phone for Mac" ?

Having trouble too man. Basically, the 'update' will install for 4 minutes or so before it tell me it's restarting my Lumia 900. Then, I have to unplug the phone from the computer, then plug it back in and click the Install Update button again. I've done this 25 times at this point and still nothing. A Nokia rep told me the install update would take me 30 min to an hour but the fact that I've been having to nurture the process by unplugging and replugging has made this entire update a tedious one.
#frustratedcustomer

Anyone have any suggestions?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Did anybody get the 7.8 upgrade to work with their Lumia 900 through "Windows Phone for Mac" ?

Moved to Mac OS X forum, since this involves updating on a Mac, not a PC.

bobosail

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site

I have the same problem on my Lumia 900. Could anyone know what to do, or have any advice?

G

magictriangle

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site

So... I know this isn't THE BEST way to update ones phone to 7.8, but I just FINALLY got the update to go through to my phone and it is currently updating. How did I do it you ask? I backed up my phone then factory reset it. Then once I plugged it in and checked for updates, the new updates showed up! BOOM. Now I have to reinstall all of my apps -____-

markwilk

May 2, 2011
Visit site
RE: Did anybody get the 7.8 upgrade to work with their Lumia 900 through "Windows Phone for Mac" ?

I finally gave in and installed Zune on my work laptop (WinXP), did the cable (WiFi) trick, updated, then uninstalled Zune. Oh well.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99