Local sync (USB or Wifi) of Contacts between OSX and WP8

Ivomh

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Now Apple in their stupidity has decided to remove the option to local sync my contacts between my Macbook (OSX) and my iPhone (OS7) there is not much use anymore in upgrading my almost dying iPhone 4 to a new iPhone. So thanks to Apple I am in the market for a WP8 or Android phone (and I believe I am not the only one).

Now the big question .... can I local sync (USB or wifi) my contacts between my Macbook and an WP8?

I do not want to use any cloud service (as Apple tries to force me to do).

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Now Apple in their stupidity has decided to remove the option to local sync my contacts between my Macbook (OSX) and my iPhone (OS7) there is not much use anymore in upgrading my almost dying iPhone 4 to a new iPhone. So thanks to Apple I am in the market for a WP8 or Android phone (and I believe I am not the only one).

Now the big question .... can I local sync (USB or wifi) my contacts between my Macbook and an WP8?

I do not want to use any cloud service (as Apple tries to force me to do).

open address book
select all
export as - whichever you prefer

email vcard to yourself

check email on -any- smartphone, import contacts

Ivomh

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I would not call that "sync" but making a backup of 1 of the 2 sides. Sync means that changes on both sides go to both sides.
And in that way I am sending all my contact information via email to my device.

Is it not weird that I have 1 pc and 1 phone within a physical distance of 10 cm and I should send information to the other side of the world to transfer it?

open address book
select all
export as - whichever you prefer

email vcard to yourself

check email on -any- smartphone, import contacts

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
To answer OP's question, no. WP8 does not sync locally. This happens with your MS account, similar to how it is with iCloud.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I would not call that "sync" but making a backup of 1 of the 2 sides. Sync means that changes on both sides go to both sides.
And in that way I am sending all my contact information via email to my device.

Is it not weird that I have 1 pc and 1 phone within a physical distance of 10 cm and I should send information to the other side of the world to transfer it?

I agree it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)