Intuit GoPayment no longer supporting windows phones

incubusdrives

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Intuit just sent me this email stating that they are no longer supporting windows phones. Sad thing since I use this app everyday for my job. Its even more frustrating since they say in the email that I will have to go with an iphone or an android phone.

Dear GoPayment Customer,

We are reaching out to let you know in advance that - for Windows 7 mobile devices - we will soon discontinue the GoPayment App. This decision was made after careful consideration, to ensure that we can continue offering the best possible user experience for our customers. As a result, the GoPayment App will no longer function on your Windows 7 mobile device beginning February 5, 2013.
You will be able to take payments on your phone by accessinghttp://gopayment.intuit.com on your mobile browser. To continue using the GoPayment App, we recommend that you switch to an Apple or Android mobile device supported by GoPayment. Click here to find the list of supported phones and devices.
We apologize for any inconvenience this change will cause you. Thank you again for using GoPayment.
Intuit GoPayment Team

Looks like I will have to go to another service. Lame Intuit. Lame!

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I do some freelance photography work (mostly headshots for actors) and I was just starting to think about taking payments using my phone. It seems like PayPal would work...can you take a credit/debit card with that? What other options are there?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
you know, what pisses me off about these "advanced notices" or whatever is how bull**** their reasons are.

"This decision was made after careful consideration, to ensure that we can continue offering the best possible user experience for our customers."

Well, I'm your ****ing customer, and this is NOT the best possible user experience! This willful coalescing around the top two marketshare leaders -of the day- is extremely disturbing. And what is more egregious:

"To continue using the GoPayment App, we recommend that you switch to an Apple or Android mobile device supported by GoPayment"

Oh really? So my phone is just going to sprout a new OS and then I'll start using one of those versions of the app!?!? What a ****ing naive statement. FU Intuit.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, PR-speak is annoying.

If they're honest, they'd say "your business represents insufficient volume to us and is therefore not big enough to warrant continue supporting you. If you want to keep using our stuff, switch to the OSes we'll continue supporting."

The whole "we're doing this to deliver a better experience" schtick is just an insult to the intelligence.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I used Square and Sail on iPhone for 2 separate businesses. I've reached out to both about WP8. Unfortunately Square has no plans for WP8. Sail however has said that its in the works, but has no definite timeframe. They are however pushing for spring 2013. I'll post a copy of both emails soon. (And, yes I was lazy and copied/paste the same comment I left in another thread...lol)

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Worst case scenario imo is WP loyalists who need this kind of functionality and can't find on WP8 (legit business needs) can simply spend $299 on an iPod touch, tether to a WP8, and chalk it up to a business expense. Bonus is you can transact and be on your phone at the same time :)

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I guess my general statement to these developers is: Windows Phone is coming. Whether you like it or not, Microsoft WILL make Windows Phone a viable choice on the market. At this point developers are pitting themselves against the existence of Microsoft because that is how far MS is willing to go to make WP succeed. Therefore, it is a folly bet to take and they should instead at least keep an app available, even if they are giving it minimal support.

wintel

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
GoWhat? Never heard of this lame payment system. PayPal is tops and is used universally. Besides my experience with Intuit customer service leaves a lot to be desired. PayPal has always been there for me as a buyer and a merchant.

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
GoWhat? Never heard of this lame payment system. PayPal is tops and is used universally. Besides my experience with Intuit customer service leaves a lot to be desired. PayPal has always been there for me as a buyer and a merchant.

Square is the 200 pound gorilla in the mobile payment space.

-E

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills