WTS: Miscellaneous Icon and 930 Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully this post is allowed in the market place - I wasn't quite sure. If so, great, and if not, apologies in advance of it getting closed/deleted.

Assuming it's OK, I have a bunch of spare parts for either the Lumia Icon and/or the 930. Parts include:
- spare batteries (3)
- white battery cover, Verizon branded (1 mint, 2 with minor scratches/wear)
- midframe with speaker and Torx screws
- main camera
- several front cameras
- green 930 (unbranded) battery cover
- Lumia Icon motherboard with a clean ESN

All parts are original Nokia parts, pulled from working phones.

I accept PayPal, and am open to offers. PM and we can work something out.

Items located in US. I am open to international shipping, but the upcharge for shipping probably makes that cost ineffective.

If pictures are required, I can post some of those.

Thanks much.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Please do post pictures. If a screen was available can a complete phone be assembled using your parts? I might want to learn how to fix this....since the 822 factory has now shut down:)

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes, you could assemble an operational 929.

I took an Icon, and inserted a 930 board into, so I'd have an unlocked 930 (though it has Verizon branding). These are mostly parts left over from that.

The motherboard has an issue, though, that anyone should be aware of. If you look at the top button, there is a small plastic insert that goes into the button to actuate it. This board is missing that on the power and camera buttons. If you could get those little inserts, or if you had a bad ESN board you could steal them from, then you can insert them here and this board will work perfectly.

The reason those inserts are missing on this board is because I got a little excited, and broke one, and knocked one out, on the 930 board when removing it. So, I stole them from this Icon board to insert on the 930.

Hope that makes sense.

4.jpg

If you are interested in these, or find them elsewhere, feel free to PM if you need any advice / help.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
One more reply - sorry. I would have to see what is attached to the screen you have. There might be a part of two you'd need in addition, but I probably have those as well, because I still have the broken screen I took from the 930.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Definitely thinking about getting that green 930 back for my black Icon as I think that would look awesome...just one question, how on earth do you get the back off since there are no screws or anything anywhere? Just pop it off? I'd be afraid I'd break it

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
It snaps on and off. You can see the tabs around the edges of the cover - that's what holds it in. The easiest way to do it is to take out the sim card, then look inside, and you will see one of those tabs. You push that back, and it creates a little gap. From there, you can use a guitar pic or something plastic to work your way around and open all of the tabs.

Honestly, opening it is easy. Snapping all those tabs down when you put it back on is a bit of a pain. What I do is try to snap the top and bottom, then do the sides, if that makes sense.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It snaps on and off. You can see the tabs around the edges of the cover - that's what holds it in. The easiest way to do it is to take out the sim card, then look inside, and you will see one of those tabs. You push that back, and it creates a little gap. From there, you can use a guitar pic or something plastic to work your way around and open all of the tabs.

Honestly, opening it is easy. Snapping all those tabs down when you put it back on is a bit of a pain. What I do is try to snap the top and bottom, then do the sides, if that makes sense.

I've tried prying it off and can't seem to get it (even dinged up the metal near the port a tiny bit). Is there a secret

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
If you look inside the sim card slot (after taking the holder out), you'll see one tab for the back cover. You can use a toothpick (I use an eyeglass screwdriver) to push that tab a little until it unhooks. You do this from inside the sim slot.

If you free that one tab, then that will create a little space, where you can use your guitar pick to loosen the rest. Make sure you are using something plastic, so you don't scratch the trim.

This video shows it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D59fpXa1fro

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you look inside the sim card slot (after taking the holder out), you'll see one tab for the back cover. You can use a toothpick (I use an eyeglass screwdriver) to push that tab a little until it unhooks. You do this from inside the sim slot.

If you free that one tab, then that will create a little space, where you can use your guitar pick to loosen the rest. Make sure you are using something plastic, so you don't scratch the trim.

This video shows it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D59fpXa1fro

I watched a video from WPU earlier. I was more prying rather than pushing, so I ended up getting it! I'll PM you!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you could assemble an operational 929.

I took an Icon, and inserted a 930 board into, so I'd have an unlocked 930 (though it has Verizon branding). These are mostly parts left over from that.

The motherboard has an issue, though, that anyone should be aware of. If you look at the top button, there is a small plastic insert that goes into the button to actuate it. This board is missing that on the power and camera buttons. If you could get those little inserts, or if you had a bad ESN board you could steal them from, then you can insert them here and this board will work perfectly.

The reason those inserts are missing on this board is because I got a little excited, and broke one, and knocked one out, on the 930 board when removing it. So, I stole them from this Icon board to insert on the 930.

Hope that makes sense.

View attachment 93712

If you are interested in these, or find them elsewhere, feel free to PM if you need any advice / help.

Those inserts are a super duper PITA to replace:) So I am going to pass.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Interested in the white back and maybe the green one as well, depending on what your looking for on them....

Drop me a PM, if we make a deal I will Paypal you today.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
The board is no longer for sale. It is getting made whole thanks to worldspy99, then will be relisted so it is more useful as a replacement part.

Also updating the original post with some ideas for prices, all of which include free shipping. Feel free to PM offers.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Will ship the board a bit later today. Just busy with meetings all day since I am off work traveling to Asia (for work) starting tomorrow.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I went ahead and did a complete teardown, to add the following:
- front camera
- rear camera
- antenna flex
- sim card flex
- sim card holder replacement board
- headphone jack
- main speaker
- main microphone
- vibrator with flex

I'll go ahead and post pics. If nothing else, it might be interesting to you to see what all of these parts for your 929/930 look like.
3.jpg5.jpg8.jpg8.jpg9.jpg11.jpg14.jpg15.jpg17.jpg19.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss