WTB/WTT: Any Windows Phone 8 for 32gb iPhone 4S

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So, I'm currently using a 32gb iPhone 4S. I totally want to get back on the WP8 bandwagon (I had a 920 upon release, but wound up swapping it for an 820 which I then stupidly craigslisted). I'm interested in trading or buying, but I don't have a lot of money to spend. It has to be an AT&T phone (I'd even consider a 520 if it could be made to work on the regular AT&T network).

So, uh, let me know what you've got. :)

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
So, I'm currently using a 32gb iPhone 4S. I totally want to get back on the WP8 bandwagon (I had a 920 upon release, but wound up swapping it for an 820 which I then stupidly craigslisted). I'm interested in trading or buying, but I don't have a lot of money to spend. It has to be an AT&T phone (I'd even consider a 520 if it could be made to work on the regular AT&T network).

You can pick up the 520 at an AT&T store as a goPhone for $99 and then pop your sim card in and use it as a regular phone.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Oddly enough, I came across that idea just moments after I made my original post and I've been reading on it.

Does anyone know if that's pretty seamless? It works with voice AND data (granted, 3G only, no 4G)?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The 520 is pretty much AT&T, I don't see any problems cropping up with just sticking your SIM in.

Also, getting the 99 520 and selling the 4S will probably put you ahead.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Please post a picture of your 4S. It's required for the Marketplace forum.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Please post a picture of your 4S. It's required for the Marketplace forum.

I did not know that! I'll put one up post haste; it might be a moot point, though, as on my lunch break today I'm going to go pick up a 520. If it works with my 4S's SIM, this thread can go to the recycle bin. If not, I'll post the pic. :)

Thanks!

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What condition is it in? I'd consider trading my mint Ativ S for it. Runs great on AT&T.

It's in excellent condition. The glass is flawless, there is a small nick in the silver band in the upper left-hand corner though. I baby my phones. :)

It would also come with a pair of cases; an INCIPIO and a SmallWorks (has LEGO dots on it, heh) case.

But let me get through my lunch, first, to see if I can snag a 520 or not (and then subsequently post pics or not).

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so, I got my 520 and it seems to be working with my regular AT&T (read: not GoPhone) SIM. So I'm going to use this for a few days... if it continues working well, I'll keep that and sell the iPHone on Craigslist or something. If not, I'll return the 520 and re-open this thread with pics.

So, mods, please feel free to close/delete/move/whatever this thread you normally do. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss