Google Chromecast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I know this doesn't work with Windows phones. But since I don't have an Android or iPhone and never will I will also never have 50 posts in Android Central or whatever iCentral is called OR 100 Global posts.

So the ONLY place I can sell it "here" is the WindowsCentral marketplace. And even then I have to target potential app writers who need one for testing their app so it will be WP relevant. But I assume WP users who happens to own an Android or Apple device could still buy it if they wanted. I mean how could WC prove they weren't going to use it to develop a WP app for Chromecast?

Anyhow, I got a great deal on a 50" flat screen for a gift. But the deal included a Google Chromecast. The recipient of the TV also doesn't have any Android devices. So It's up for grab. New in unopened factory box.

Prefer face to face transaction in Phoenix, AZ area.

Below is a pic with my screen name included:

15788912751_96525af9b0_h.jpg

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I know this doesn't work with Windows phones. But since I don't have an Android or iPhone and never will I will also never have 50 posts in Android Central or whatever iCentral is called OR 100 Global posts.

Um... Yer 585 posts here at Windows Central translates to 585 Global posts with your Mobile Nations Passport...

"iCentral" is iMore and I see you have that badge meaning you signed in there. Log into webOS Nation one time, brother, and complete your collection of badges. I think it's even more rare than Connectedly at this point.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Um... Yer 585 posts here at Windows Central translates to 585 Global posts with your Mobile Nations Passport...

"iCentral" is iMore and I see you have that badge meaning you signed in there. Log into webOS Nation one time, brother, and complete your collection of badges. I think it's even more rare than Connectedly at this point.
Yeah, I remember joining WebOS and keeping the same screen name everywhere but I never see a count for global posts. I logged off WC and logged onto WebOS and then clicked on WC to see if it made a difference where you logged in, but I still only see a post count but no global post count. What am I missing? I doubt I have posted in any of the others but I did log onto them all to make sure my screen name worked the day I joined WebOS.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Try a post someplace else... Android Central would be best, since you want to use the Marketplace there. Your Global count should then kick in.

Otherwise I'm sooooo over Android AND streaming content at this point or I'd think about the Chromecast device. Just canceled my Netflix too.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey, hoosierdaddy, Chandler, AZ here. We should get together for coffee sometimes.
Yeah. Maybe we can get together with worldspy in a few weeks?

Sorry for the double post. I posted without quoting you by mistake and then found you can't edit which is a good thing in classifieds.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hoosier. I have a Lumina 822. I can cast to Chromecast just fine. Search the Windowsphone store and search for Chromecast.
When I posted they don't have any Android devices, I probably should have said they both still use feature phones. So no Windows phone either.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Because of shipping costs for such a low value item, I'm just waiting 'till someone local will pay $27 (see above) OBO.
Sorry I missed it. I'll pass on this but good luck with the sell. I ordered the Amazon stick recently so I'll roll with that since I'm prime.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I know this doesn't work with Windows phones. But since I don't have an Android or iPhone

I was just roaming around when I came across your post.

First I wish you luck with your sale.

I just wanted to let you know that, while it's easier if you indeed have an Android phone/tablet, the ChromeCast actually works pretty well with Windows. I use one to stream videos from my PC to my TV through Plex (you'll need Chrome I think) and the streaming quality of the ChromeCast is superior than what I get streaming through MiraCast to my Xbox One or LG TV.
I bought mine on an impulse buy and it was one of the best impulse buys I've made. The little thing actually works really well. So if you're unsuccessful, I'd recommend you to give it a second chance.

But I understand if you don't wish to use any Google service or product and so, again, best luck with your sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism