WTB: Broken Nokia Lumia 920's for Refurbishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
If you have an old 920 you're not using, I am looking for a few phones to refurbish. I had an order coming from a carrier, but that fell through at the last second. Unfortunately, I had already bought repair parts. So now, I have spare parts looking for a new home in a broken 920.

Rather than scouring carrier returns, I thought I'd offer folks here an opportunity to get a few bucks for a broken phone.

I can fix most anything, so any sort of damage is open. Obviously, the worse it's damaged, the less I can pay. However, I can not fix bad IMEI's, so I need phones that are clean for activation.

I will pay through PayPal if we can work it out.

Please don't expect full retail price for a broken phone. That obviously won't work for me. Otherwise, I'm open

PM me if you have an old 920, and try to describe the issues it has. I'd like to know the color as well.

My ideal candidate is functional, but has a smashed touchscreen.

Thanks much.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to say thanks for the great responses I've gotten.

I hope we both have gotten something from this. I've paid a little more per unit than I would directly from carriers and insurance companies, but I like dealing more with real people. Carriers and insurance companies do well enough as it is.

I've about reached my budget for this week, but would like to continue this going forward. So if you have any interest, feel free to PM me, and I can move forward in about a week.

Now that I have homes for the 920 parts I bought, I think next week, I'll repost, and include all models.

Thanks again for the responses. As weird as it sounds, this is fun stuff to me.

Feel free to PM for now, but it will likely be next week before I can actually purchase again.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I also have a few bucks now after a few recent sales, so I'm open to a few refurb possibilities. I don't have tons of funds available, but I have a few.

Please PM - I get emails on PM's, so I know right away that I have them, but I don't get those for posts. Also - PayPal is preferred payment method.

Thanks much.

To those folks who sold me phones last time I posted this - THANKS. Some really great folks here, that made that a really nice experience for me.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Can you please help out bo_woods? He has three broken Lumia phones that you might be able to fix.

I might be able to - we have been PMing back and forth. I was going to trade him for an Icon I had, but it sold last night, so I am talking to him about some other things.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
At the time I posted this originally, I had a surplus of 920 parts. Those have been pretty much used up, so the direct answer is that I'm interested in, and can refurbish, most anything.

I sent you a PM re:1020's. Thanks much

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hello, are you interested in a red HTC 8X with a cracked screen?

I know you like to PM, and I will send you a PM, but I like the idea of informing the forum community of what is possible.

Best Wishes.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Kevin - thanks for the contact. I can work with those too, but they are a little expensive to fix, and resale, even in refurbished condition, is pretty weak, so that all affects what I could pay for it.

I haven't worked on one of those in awhile, so maybe parts prices have changed. I'll look into it and PM you.

Thanks much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes